86- My Other Self

[After a while.]

(Steven wakes up abruptly, but...)

Steven: Fortunately I'm fine! *sighs* Guys, I... *notices something strange* What the–?! *looks around in puzzlement* Where am I?! What is this place?! This isn't Homeworld!

(In these moments, Steven is in another place, strange, unknown and dimly lit.)

Steven: There's not a soul around. *confused, he wanders around the place for a while* It's a little scary to be here alone... *shouting* Connie! Garnet! Amethyst! Pearl! Lapis! Peridot! Or whoever! Where are you guys?!!

(Apparently Steven has awakened on another earthly plane.)

Steven: Could it be that I just died and right now I'm in hell? *feels indignant* But why?! I've always been a good boy... Okay! Not always, I've had a not-so-nice thought or two. But I never thought that would be enough to condemn me to hell!

(At that moment, someone stands behind Steven.)

???? ??????: Don't worry, this is not hell.

Steven: Huh?! *turns around to see who's behind him*

???? ??????: And you're not dead either... well, not yet.

Steven: Who... are you?

???? ??????: Doesn't it really seem obvious to you?

Steven: Hmm, you look a lot like me, but... *shocked* I can't believe it, you don't just look like me!

???? ??????: Did you finally realize it?

Steven: Oh my gosh! You are me!!

???? ??????: That's right, I am you.

(The physical form of Steven's Gem has manifested.)

???? ?????: I'm your gem side. *does not present any kind of emotion when speaking* Your other half.

Steven: No way! *lifts his shirt and sees that the gem in his belly is gone* My gosh! This is true!

(The human side of Steven and the gem side or rather "Steven" and "Pink Steven" have separated.)

Steven: *incredulous* But how? How is this possible?!

Pink Steven: This happened because our consciences have been separated from each other.

Steven: You and me, right?

Pink Steven: Yes.

Steven: So, what is this place? Where are we?

Pink Steven: Arguably, we are in the deepest part of your mind.

Steven: Are you Serious?! I don't get it! I've never been here before. Why are you and I here now?

Pink Steven: Because at this moment our physical body is in a coma due to our separation.

Steven: *shocked* W-what?!! Y-you can't be serious!! Please tell me this is a joke!!

Pink Steven: No, this is not a joke, this is serious.

Steven: I can't believe it! That happened because Emerald used White Diamond's powers on me, or am I wrong?

Pink Steven: Indeed. When she controlled your Gem side.

Steven: You?

Pink Steven: Yes. At that time our consciousness was partially separated.

Steven: Thanks to that I managed to break out of Emerald's mind control.

Pink Steven: After that, a little bond kept us together. But you started using our Gem powers excessively, until you reached a point where our human body couldn't hold out anymore and–

Steven: I lost consciousness, and that's when you and I separated completely.

Pink Steven: Exactly.