37. Communication Cut Off.

Steven: But, first of all, we must get all the gemstones of the poofed Gems, including those of the enemy.

Everyone: Okay!

[Steven & company pick up the gemstones of every Gem poofed in the previous battle.]

Steven: How many Amethysts are left?

Amethyst 8XL: There are only five of us left.

Steven: That's not very many.

Amethyst 8XL: That doesn't matter, we'll be more when the rest of the Amethysts reform.

Connie: And we'll be many more when the enemy Gems remember who they are.

Steven: You're right. *to everyone* All right, guys, we're done here, so let's go!

[They start moving out of there.]

Connie: Steven, are you... are you okay?

Steven: Don't worry, I'm fine... or so I think. I'll feel better when I manage to get in touch with the other teams and know they're okay.

Connie: I see.

【After a while of walking.】

[Steven and company manages to get to the abandoned area of ​​Homeworld.]

Steven: We're almost there...

[The group then finds a cavern and walk ahead into it, going deeper and deeper into the dark and desolate underground of Homeworld.]

Steven: Come, this way...

[The group arrives at the end of the cavern, at the edge of a cliff, to a place full of pillars, each full of humanoid-shaped holes.]

Amethyst: Whoa...

[Everyone is so dumbfounded by what they see.]

Connie: Wh-what is this place?

Steven: A Kindergarten... A really, really big one.

Pearl: So this is where you and Lars found the Off Colors, right?

Steven: Yes.

Amethyst: This place looks worse than I imagined.

[The group continues walking and then enters a tunnel into a room inside a pillar, where they finally sit down to rest.]

Steven: We're finally here. Now, let's rest and relax a bit, we still have some unfinished business to take care of up there

Connie: First of all, Steven, let's contact the other teams.

Steven: Right.

[Steven takes out a communicator and hands it to Connie.]

Steven: You try to contact the other teams, I'll try Lars.

Connie: Okay.

[Steven tries to contact Lars and Connie tries to contact the other teams.]

Steven: Please Lars, pick up! Please!

[Lars picks up Steven's call.]

Lars: *speaking through the communicator* Yo, what's up?

Steven: Lars, are you okay?

Lars: *through the communicator* Steven, is that you?

Steven: *sighs in relief* Thank goodness you're all right.

Lars: *through the communicator* Yes, I am, dude. Why do you ask? Did something happen? Come to think of it, weren't you fused?

Steven: It's a long story! Where are you?!

Lars: *through the communicator* Well, you see, after getting my friends back to being themselves, we set out to steal the Sun Incinerator again. It's on the other side of the planet, but we're pretty close now.

Steven: What the--?! No! Abort, abort! Whatever you're doing, just stop!

Lars: *through the communicator* Huh? Why stop now? We're just a few blocks from the Sun Incinerator, you know?

Steven: I'm afraid there's been a change of plans, Lars! I can't give you too many details right now, so please don't go for that ship, we need to regroup and come up with a new pla--!

[Communication begins to get lost and sound distorted.]

Lars: *through the communicator* Du-du-du-du-dude, ca-ca-ca-can you spe-spe-speak a bit lou-lou-louder ple-please? I ca-ca-ca-ca-can't he-he-hear you well.

Steven: What?!

Lars: *through the communicator* May-may-may-maybe it's because of th-th-th-the distance, or So-so-so-so-something like that, I dunno.

Steven: *shouts into the communicator* Don't go for that ship! Get a warp pad and warp back to the Palace, then head for the abandoned area of Homeworld!

Lars: *through the communicator* Wh-wh-wh-what di-di-di-did you sa--

[Communication is abruptly cut off.]

Connie: What happened, Steven?

Steven: I lost communication with Lars.

Connie: Maybe it's because we're in the deepest part of the planet, the reception in places like this must be terrible.

Steven: Tch. We should have done this up there then.

Connie: Indeed. Still, it strikes me as odd that you were able to contact him on the first try, as I got no response from any of the other teams. I tried several times, but to no avail.

Steven: Are you serious?! Oh man, I hope nothing happened to them.

Connie: Well, I haven't yet tried to contact one of our informants at the palace.

Steven: So what are you waiting for? Do it!

[Connie contacts someone in particular, who promptly picks up her communicator, however...]

Connie: Yes! Finally someone has--

????????: Hello, with whom do I have the pleasure of speaking to?

Connie: Wait a minute, you're not the owner of the communicator I contacted.

????????: Is that so?

Connie: No way! You are...