83- The Incinerator

Emerald: Time to put an end to this!

Mean Lapis: Feels good, doesn't it?

Emerald: Huh?

Mean Lapis: Humiliating others, walking all over them, laughing at them, making them feel worthless, feels good, doesn't it? Believe it or not, I totally understand you. I also have that need to feel superior to others, just like you.

Emerald: *grunts* You little-!

Mean Lapis: It's kinda sad. But it's also kinda comforting to know that you're not the only one, isn't it, Emerald? Don't deny that we have a lot in common

Emerald: *laughs in mockery* No, my dear! You're the only crazy Gem with problems here! You got a screw loose after getting the beating of your life, I believe!

Mean Lapis: My head hurts quite a bit, actually. So what you're saying is very likely, or maybe you just helped me realize it, don't you think? You should reflect on it and maybe you'll understand that regretting the life you got is useless.

Emerald: I've never regretted the life I got! Nor have I ever doubted that I was superior to others! I...

(Flashback.)

White Diamond: It should certainly piss me off that you had the audacity to intercept our little personal journey. But at the end of the day, our duty as Diamonds is to give voice to our little Gems.

Emerald: Little Gems?

White Diamond: Yes, as we Diamonds are the biggest and most powerful Gems, we must look out for the welfare of the smaller and weaker Gems. Protecting them and helping them in their problems is the least we can do.

Emerald: Pfff! I don't have any problems!

White Diamond: Of course you do. Wait, don't tell me! I can see it, it's written all over your gem - inferiority, or am I wrong?

Emerald: What the--?!

White Diamond: You yearn to be the most perfect Gem and superior to the rest, don't you? I'm afraid you've gotten very seriously carried away with our old ideology, I apologize for that. And I'm glad you've come to the right place.

Emerald: Huh?

White Diamond: In all the universe there's no one else that could know what you're going through, so maybe it's time you talked to yourself.

(White Diamond reaches out to Emerald, pointing to her.)

Emerald: ...

White Diamond: Would you like to try?

Emerald: Okay.

(White Diamond starts using her powers, allowing Emerald to take control of her. As this happens White Diamond's voice and color changes to match Emerald's.)

White Diamond: (Emerald) Woah, this is so great, I can feel her immense power coursing through my body! *laughs maniacally* I'm so big! I'm so great! I'm... I'm a Diamond! Yes, I'm finally what I was always meant to be!

Emerald: *laughing* Stupid White Diamond, you'll regret leaving your body in my power! I'll never give it back to you! Now perish in the depths of your mind! *laughs* I don't need anyone's help! I'm perfectly fine! In fact, I've never felt better! *laughs* This was easier than I thought. Now, let's get the others!

(Flashback ends abruptly.)

Mean Lapis: *in pain* Hey, what are you thinking? You weren't going to shatter me? Man, you're really taking your time. Come on, get it over with already, will you?