99- So We Can Be Together

Steven: Spending time with me would only distract you from your studies, wouldn't it? I don't want to be a bother to you.

Connie: Don't say that. You would never be a bother at all.

Steven: ...

Connie: My studies are important to me, but so are you. No matter the circumstances, I'll always have time for you!

Steven: I'm glad to hear that. I think it's good that you are able to complete your studies, I, on the other hand, never went to school. It was my father who taught me to read and write in a van.

Connie: But what's really important is that you can do it and that you had your father, who despite the bad situation, had the interest to teach you the basics at least. There are parents who don't even do that.

Steven: Yeah. I appreciate that about him, because there are people in the same situation as me who didn't have that opportunity.

Connie: Even without an education you could be successful at anything in the future, you know?

Steven: That's true. I can build a good future here or anywhere.

Connie: All right, that's the spirit, Steven!

Steven: Hey, by the way.

Connie: Huh?

Steven: Would you like to go get some ice cream or something else you want? Well, if you have time, of course.

Connie: Sure, why not? *shows him her watch* I still have plenty of time.

Steven: Good.

(Steven and Connie go to get ice cream at a nearby store, and talk as they walk back to Connie's house.)

Steven: Hey, you remember the first time we met?

Connie: You mean when you were trying to ride your bike on the sand, and you ran away screaming? How can I forget it?

Steven: *laughing* Exactly! That was a great day, the moment that stuck with me the most was when we almost died.

Connie: Uhmm...

Steven: Just kidding, hehe. That day I was trying everything to get your attention.

Connie: *laughing* I'm pretty sure I was totally focused on my book and didn't see anything. oneBut one thing I do remember well is that you didn't want the Gems messing with your "funky flow".

Steven: *blushes in embarrassment* Please forget that!

(Connie giggles.)

Steven: *sighs wistfully* It's been so long since then, but I remember it like it was yesterday.

Connie: Me too.

(Suddenly, Connie's phone alarm rings.)

Connie: My alarm! *turns it off*

Steven: Well, I'd better get going. I think you've wasted too much study time on me already.

Connie: What? Of course I haven't. Steven, you'll never be a waste of my time or anything like that. I'll always have time for you, I'll always be there for you. No matter what happens, we'll always be together.

Steven: I really appreciate it, Connie. Same here.