Chapter 3 - Thank You

Silas Quinton

When I walked back in, Logan was helping the woman already. She ended up leaving the party with her driver and Logan walked to me.

"Where did Eva go?" Logan asked in rage.

"She left." I said and Logan sighed.

"Why were you talking to that woman when you clearly have a fiancee?" I asked as Logan took out his phone. Logan turned to me and shook his head.

"I never like Eva and will never be. That woman is evil." Logan hissed.

"Besides.. Lisa is the woman that I love. The woman that I want to marry." So that brunette woman is Lisa. I've heard about Lisa before. Timmy and Logan talked about her once when I joined the group call to catch up with them but Logan never tell me about her in detail.

"Marry? You want to marry Lisa? How about Eva then?"

"My parents knew about it already and they like Lisa more than Eva. The thing that made my parents wants me to marry Eva is because her parents promised me to give 15% of the share of Maycrof fashion and jewelry." Logan said as he sighed.

"Why don't you break the engagement already then?"

"Do you think it's easy? Eva is basically a walking devil, she doesn't take reject and no from people. She's your typical mean bitch." Logan hissed.

"I'm sorry that tonight doesn't end well, we're supposed to go to the bar together tonight but.. I guess I have to comfort Lisa after this." Logan put his hand on my shoulder and I nodded.

"I understand."

"I'll treat you dinner tomorrow, I promise. Tell Timmy that I won't make it tonight." He said and I nodded. He left the party and I walked to my car planning to go back home before going to the bar to meet up with Timmy.

I got into the car and I saw Logan's car left already. I started the car and that'd when I felt Eva's phone vibrated.

It's a text from Lisa but I can't see what Lisa say since she set the text to be unreadable before she unlock the phone.

I drove out from the venue and that's when I saw Logan's car just stopped there. I stopped my car behind him and got out to see if there's something wrong.

I saw Logan having a fight with Evangeline. There were in an intense fight with each other and Evangeline saw me. Logan turned to me and I can't even say a word in this situation.

I thought something was wrong with his car but ended up witnessing them fighting. Logan was walking towards his car but Evangeline stopped him. Logan ended up pushing her until she fell down to the ground and left her there.

She got up and I can see that her elbow was bleeding. She glared at me before taking her high heels off and walked down the hill. I walked towards her and stopped her by grabbing her wrist.

"You're bleeding." I said and she pushed me away. I tried to stop her but she kept dragging me down since I didn't want to let her go.

"Evangeline." I called her by her full name and she stopped. She turned to me and I could see her eyes were full of sadness. I slowly pulled her towards my car and she didn't try to resist anymore.

I opened the door and she got into the car. I quickly got into the driver seat. I checked to see if she slready put her seatbelt on or not.

"Put the seatbelt on." I said and she put her seatbelt on without a word. I gave her phone back and she ended up throwing it out from the window after she saw her phone screen. I put my seatbelt on and drove away from the venue.

"I'm assuming you stopped Logan's car earlier." I said and glanced to her but she ignored me. She kept looking out the window.

"I'll drop you at the hospital, treat your wound and go home." I added and again.. she ignored me.

"Evangeline." I called her and that's when she grabbed my shirt all of the sudden. It made me step on the brake that second and I turned to her disbelief.

"Stop calling me that!" She hissed as she looked at me angrily. If looks could kill, I would be dead by now.

"I don't need your pity, just drop me at the hospital and get lost!" She let me go and that's when I pulled over to the side. I was going to burst angrily at her but she decided to get out from my car.

She left me speechless.

She walked away barefoot, alone, in that tight dress and in the middle of the night. Does she know how dangerous it could be? I got out from my car and decided to follow her.

She walked into an ice cream shop. I watched her from the outside and saw her ordering at the counter. I let out a sigh of relieve and my phone rang.

"Logan told me.. that he's not going." Timmy said as soon as I picked up the call.

"How about we meet up for dinner tomorrow instead going to the bar tomorrow?" I asked as I turned to see Evangeline sitting on the chair near the counter.

"Oh.. are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just a little tired." I lied.

"Okay then.. see you tomorrow." Timmy said and I ended the call. I walked into the ice cream shop and sat on the seat across her. She looked at me not liking the fact that I'm here.

"Your sundae, miss." She ordered a big sundae and she grabbed the spoon immediately. She started to eat and not caring about me sitting in front of her.

"I really don't know why you're here.." She said as she put her spoon down.

"I just want to make sure that.. you don't do anything crazy." I said as I pointed at her bleeding elbow.

"Can I ask.. you a favor?" She asked in a really careful tone.

"What is it?"

"Can you sing me a happy birthday song? Today is my birthday." That made me sit up straight and I looked at her disbelief.

"Happy Birthday to you.. Happy Birthday to you.. Happy Birthday.. Evangeline.. Happy Birthday to you." I sang without questioning her more about it. She looked at the ice cream in front of her and she smiled.

Her smile made me taken back all of the sudden.

"Here.. you can eat it with me." I guess that's her way saying thank you.