Chapter 9 - Fight

Evangeline Mayford

"You can go now." I said as I put my bag on the sofa. Silas just finished his fitting and I decided to just send him away.

"Why? I can't see you in the wedding dress?" He asked and I turned to him disbelief.

"You can."

"Then I'll stay." He said and he plopped on the sofa. I walked into the fitting room and put on the wedding dress of my choice. It was my dream wedding dress and I decided to wear it since it will be my first and last marriage.

The staff helped me put it on and it took a while. They pulled my hair into a bun and put a tiara on. I looked myself at the mirror and I'm speechless myself. There's a lot of emotions going through my head.

"Ms. Mayford, ready to show it your future husband?" I turned to the staff and nodded.

"Silas, I'm ready." I said.

"Okay."

Silas Quinton

I got up from the sofa and put my hands in my pocket. I'm ready to see her wedding dress because I hate being curious. They started to count down from 3 and when they opened the curtains.

I couldn't find words to describe what I saw. She looked so beautiful and stunning in that wedding dress. She's always been beautiful but wearing that wedding dress gave me a whole new feeling.

"What do you think?" She asked and I nodded. I gave her a nod since I don't know what to say. She turned around and looked at herself in the mirror.

"It's perfect." She said admiring the dress.

"Silas, can you take a picture of me. You can take my phone from my bag." She turned around and I took my phone out instead. I took a couple pictures of her and she turned to the staff.

"Ms. Mayford, do you want to try another dress?" The staff asked.

"No, I like this one. It fits me very well and I like the detail." She said and they closed the curtain again to help her change. I sat down and looked at the pictures that I took. I sent it to her immediately and erased the photo.

I waited for her to finish changing her clothes. I have nowhere to go after and I was planning to get our wedding ring.

She walked out from the fitting room and I got up. We walked out from the shop together since Mary, Angel's assistant, will take care of everything.

"You can go, I'll take a taxi from here back to my office." She said as she kept looking at her phone. I grabbed her hand knowing she'll fall if she doesn't stop walking.

"You're busy?" I asked as she realized that she's going to take a wrong step.

"Uhmm.. no. I have an appointment to check the wedding venue at 3 so I'll just kill time in my office." She said as she pulled her hand away from mine.

"How about we buy our wedding rings now?" I asked and she turned to me. She wasn't expecting me to say that but she nodded. I gestured her to come to my car.

"Evangeline? What the hell are you doing here?" I turned to a jet black haired woman walking towards Angel. Angel scoffed coldly and it felt to me like she was ready to attack that woman.

"It's none of your business, Regina." Angel opened the door and the woman named Regina turned to me.

"Another man that you abused to get into relationship with you huh?" Angel turned around and she was ready to slap her. I quickly walked over to her and stood in front of Angel.

"I don't really understand what's your definition of abuse is but I'm her fiance." I introduced myself as I held Angel's hand from the back so she won't try to attack this woman.

"Fiance? That's impossible. How can a woman like her have a fiance? She's evil, pure evil!" Regina hissed coldly and then left the scene to walk into the wedding dress shop. I turned around and Angel pushed my hand away.

"Next time, mind your own business. Someone like her deserve a slap and a cat scratch." She said as she looked at her long nails.

"Violence is not the answer, Angel." I said and she looked up to me.

"Don't call me that. I hate when people call me Angel when you and I know I'm far from that. Call me Eva, just like everyone else." She hissed and then she got into my car. I let out a long sigh before walked back to my side and got into the car.

"I'm assuming you want to get our wedding ring from your own collection right?" I asked as I started the car.

"Just give me your ring size and I'll make it for you. It's better for you to hangout with Logan and Timmy instead going to pick wedding rings with me. I'm not in the mood to be in the same place with you." She said coldly as she kept digging her nails into her own skin.

I turned to her and she's avoiding having an eye contact with me.

"Evangeline." I called her and she ignored me. I grabbed her hand and stopped her from digging her nails to her skin.

"Evangeline." I called her again and she turned to me.

"Once you'll be my wife in 5 days, promise me that you won't be violence towards anyone in the future. Violence is not the answer, you can call me and I'll defend you without asking question. How about that?" I said as I looked straight to her blue eyes.

"No. You won't know who I'm dealing with. Sometimes I have to hurt people to-"

"Hurt people to get what? Satisfaction? Happiness? That's not how it works, Ang- Eva." I said and she pulled her hand away from me.

"I'm not like you, Silas. You get happiness just by sitting back. I get my happiness by being selfish, by hurting people and that's how I live. I'm not like other women, this is how I survive!" She bursted out angrily.

"There must be a reason why you're like this, I don't understand why you think selfish can bring you happiness? That's not how it works in my world." I said and before she could open the car door, I locked it.

"Open the door, I'll take a taxi home." She said and I decided to unlocked the door. She walked towards the road and I sighed.

"What did I get myself into?"