Chapter 13 - Not Interested

Evangeline Mayford

"Don't eat too much ice cream, Eva." I pouted when Silas took my ice cream away. He put it back into the freezer and continued to cook. He was busy chopping vegetables and cooking up the broth.

"Have you buy our rings yet? Or get our rings yet?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Let's get it tomorrow." He said and he turned to me.

"Just give me your ring size and I can find it on my own." I said and he raised his eyebrows.

"We're 3 days away, Eva."

"I'll get tonight." I said avoiding his eye contact.

"Have you tell your parents yet?"

"Last night I told them and they'll come. They want me to get married anyway, it doesn't matter with who. They don't really care about who I'm with." I said as J got down from the counter. I pulled my sleeves up to my elbow and started helping him with the vegetable but before I can even turn on my sink, he stopped me.

He pulled back to the empty kitchen counter and picked me up making me sit there. I looked at him disbelief and he raised his eyebrows.

"We just got home from the hospital, I bet you remember what the doctor told you to do." He said and I nodded.

"You worried too much, you don't need to worry about me. I'm capable of taking care of myself." I said and be walked back to taking care of our food.

"I like your confidence but you need extra care instead of being capable of taking care of yourself." He hissed and I rolled my eyes.

"I never asked you to care about me."

"Then you should learn to take care of yourself from now. I won't be there 24/7 for you, Eva." He said and I decided to look out the window.

"Let's pick the ring after this, I don't trust you picking it for me." He added and I just ignored him.

"Why caring about that ring when we both know we won't be using it?" I mumbled.

"What did you say?" Silas asked and I got down from the kitchen counter. I walked to the window and looked down to see the traffic jam in New York city.

I heard his phone rang, "Hey Logan, what's up?"

"I'm at Eva's penthouse, why?" He asked and then he ended up putting on loud speaker.

"Tell her to pick up the phone, I want to talk to her about Lisa." Logan said and I turned my body around. I walked towards him and grabbed his phone.

"I'm here, feel free to talk." I said in an arrogant tone.

"She's sorry and she wants her contract back." I laughed when he said that.

"Why are you the one who talk to me? She doesn't have a mouth? She suddenly mute? Beg to me.. kneel in front of me.. I warned her and she didn't take my warning seriously so this is what she gets!" I bursted angrily and then ended the call. I gave his phone back and grabbed my ice cream from the fridge.

"Where do you think you're going? It's almost done and you're not eating ice cream anymore." Silas picked me up by my stomach and dragged me back to the kitchen. He took away my ice cream again and sat me down on the dining table.

He started to bring the pot to the dining table. He brought all the beef slices that we bought earlier. He brought the vegetables and the sauces too. He gave me a small bowl and a plate. He started to put the vegetables in and I put a lot of beef slices into the boiling broth.

"Here's the sauce." He gave me a hot chilli mixture.

I grabbed a piece of beef and started to blow it to cool down. I took a bite and it was so good. Silas gave me a lot of vegetables to eat it with my beef. He glared at me everytime I only eat the meat.

"How is it?" He asked and I just looked at him without answering it. He chuckled and I continued to eat. I drank the broth too, it's so good that I just kept eating without realizing I'm full already.

Two times he cooked for me, I finished it all. It was a rare sight for me to see and even my maids who worked there.

If my parents see this, maybe they'll clap their hands for me.

"Let's go to buy our rings." He said after we're done. He let our maids clean and he dragged me out fron the penthouse.

"You're so stubborn!" He pulled me to his car when I kept pulling him back.

"Angel, don't ma- I mean Eva.. don't make me angry." He looked at me seriously and I ended up giving in. He dragged me to his car like a dog going to the vet. I got into the car and he asked me where to go and I told him to just go straight to one of the Mayford stores.

He drove to the nearest one and he parked his car right outside. We walked in and the staff greeted me instantly. They're so surprised to see me here with a man looking for a wedding ring.

We got into the private room and they brough us all the collections that they have. I even designed some of it.

"Pick one and I'll try to match you." He said and I started to look around. For once in my life, I was looking for the biggest diamond amongs my collection. I grabbed the biggest ring and Silas saw the ring. He then chose his own ring.

"What do you think?" He asked and I nodded. The ring matched and he picked the ring that my mom designed. It's really beautiful and I asked my staff to pack it.

"See it's easy, what makes you don't want me to follow you here?" He asked.

"I don't know." I said as I grabbed a cookie from the plate. It's a service that we always give to VIP customers.

"Ms. Mayford and Mr. Quinton, do you want to engrave something in the inner side of the ring?" the staff asked.

"Please engrave E and S please, we'll wait." Silas said and I turned to him disbelief. He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm so full.. and sleepy." I said as I leaned my head back.

"How about we take a walk while waiting for the ring?" He suggested.

"You can walk alone, I'm tired." I said not interested in walking around. He got up and he pulled me up. He then proceed to put me on his shoulder but this time I'm not protesting.