Chapter 41 - Good

Evangeline Mayford

"I'll be the one who will take you to the hospital every day." I said and Silas turned to me.

"Why?"

"Because you need to get your medication so you can be healthy again." I said and Silas turned to Ben. He caressed Ben's head and let out a long sigh.

"I can't believe you come to Dubai instantly when you heard I have a cancer." He chuckled.

"Silas, it's not funny. Do you think cancer is funny?" I asked in an angry tone.

"I don't have cancer, Angel." I looked at him disbelief. I was speechless.

"You can't be mad at me. You can call it even because you ran away from me and even hide my own son from me." I warned and I sighed.

"Do you want to know why I ran away?" I asked as I turned to Ben.

"If you want to tell me then tell me, if you don't then I don't want to hear it." He said and that made me more guilty. He is a really kind man, until this day.. I still feel that I don't deserve him.

"You're running away from everyone created a whole chaos. I'm not talking about your company but talking about emotionally."

"Your parents come to Dubai every month to check on me. They were worried knowing that the fact that you're leaving me will give me a really big impact on my life." He added.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"Eat, it will get soggy."

"Silas."

"Hmm?"

"I'm sorry, I know saying sorry won't be enough but.. I just want to tell you that everytime I see you." I said as tears filled my eyes again.

"If you're that guilty, then you should pay it by stay forever with me. That way I can forgive you." He said and I turned to Ben.

"Ben.. he looks like you.. kinda acts like you too." I said and Ben smiled to me.

"What's his full name?" Silas asked.

"Benjamin Vince Quinton." I said and turned to him.

"You really use my last name?"

"I did. I can't take away rhe fact that he's your son." I said truthfully as I scrolled through the phone looking for Ben's birth certificate. I showed it to him and he nodded.

"You put your name as.. Evangeline Quinton too."

"As much as I love my original name, I love Evangeline Quinton more. It gave me.. a feeling that.. you know.. I never left."

"You should have stayed, everything would be different."

"But I did need time, Silas. It was not easy for me. I'm not a good person."

"Don't listen to what other people said, you didn't do anything wrong." Silas said as turned to Ben. He picked Ben up into his arms.

"I use people. I use people for my own sake, you are included." I said truthfully but it doesn't seem to bother him.

"At that time, when we got married.. I don't mind if one day someone shot you dead or kill you. I was looking for safety, I need someone to take a bullet for me." I said seriously as I looked blankly to the table in front of me. I didn't dare to look at Silas.

"That's why I don't want to get attach to you but you're too nice.. too caring.. too much in everything. Until the day when we went skydiving, it came to me that.. I don't want to lose you. I kept checking if Simon is still in prison or not and he was so.. I tried to loosen up and open up to you and.. that event happened."

"I realized later that instead of wanting you to take a bullet for me, I was willing to take a bullet for you. I would die for you. I would do anything to keep you alive. I want you to be happy and I don't think I can give that or even deserve to be happy with you."

"Then Ben came along. He changed a lot of things, I was happy and he reminded me so much of you. I was able to live normally or try to live normally because I did send people to check on you once in a while. As long as I know you're doing okay.."

"You should get your money back because I wasn't doing okay." He said and that made me turn to him.

"You should ask Ali that. You don't know how much I suffered because of you. You even sent me those divorce papers, don't you ever consider my feelings?"

"Silas, I-"

"You don't understand, Angel." He shook his head.

"I was not going to tell you this but you should know that I have a lot sleepless nights. I ate sleeping pills on a daily basis, I cried when I'm alone, I went to places when I was with you until I got caught my security asking me to go. I spent most of my nights here in the restaurant, I went back and forth looking for you, I moved out from my house because I can't even stay there without thinking about you. In the end, you just don't understand how much I need you in my life." He turned away and I bit my lips trying so hard not to cry again. I never knew he was hurting that much.

"In the end of the day, I was just waiting for you to come home." That's when I cried again.

"In the end of the day, I will forgive you and I know you know that."

"I know you come here because you think I have cancer. If you want to go back to Singapore, it's fine by me, as long as we still in contact. I will give all the time that you need if you still want to heal yourself."

"No." I shook my head.

"I'm moving here, I want to stay close to you."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm sure." I nodded.

"Good."