Chapter 25 - Water

Evangeline Mayford

Skydiving was a really terrifying experience. It was a first but once I saw Silas down there, something within me just snapped. It was like seeing him free falling. My mind was not in the right place. I was not concern with my safety, I was trying to reach for him that I started to choke mid-air.

As soon as I landed, emotions started to fill me. It was more like a horror movie. It was a sign for me that I'm already falling for him. My mind knew what was going to happen in two months, I'm already prepared for that but my heart was all over the place.

Then comes Mirah and Bella, it was another hit for me that this man does not belong to me. Even we're married, he is not mine. I have to keep that in mind everytime.

I don't deserve him. Even though I donate or maybe try do good things in my life, I still don't deserve him.

I looked out the window from Silas' restaurant. There's a lot of people today at lunch but I waited patiently to be seated near the window.

"Mrs. Quinton." I turned to see Ali smiling at me.

"Yes, Ali?"

"Mr. Quinton asked me to give this to you." He put a plate of cheesecake and he wrote 'I'm sorry' with the strawberry sauce. I turned to Ali and thanked him.

I took a picture of it and then grabbed a fork to take a bite. I ate it slowly and enjoyed the amazing taste of the cream. I looked out the window and saw my own reflection on it.

"You look happier, Eva." I said to myself. Suddenly there's someone let out a light cough. I turned to see Silas with a food trolley and he smiled.

"So do you forgive me?" He asked and I nodded. He then proceed to put three plates in front of me. He brought me salmon with white sauce which I don't even know the name, then some fried lobster and white fish.

He took off his apron and sat across me. He smiled as he cut the food into little pieces so it will be easy for me to eat.

"Silas." I called him and he looked up to me.

"After we divorce, what's your plan?" I asked and his face changed. He put down his fork and knife before he let out a long sigh.

"Can we not talk about divorce and things like that? We just got married 3 days ago, Angel. Don't you think it's a little weird?" He asked in a not so friendly tone.

"I'm trying to enjoy this marriage and you should too. Don't overthink about something that's in the future." He added and I nodded. I took a bite of the lobster and it's so good that I could die eating it. I took a bite of the salmon and it's.. just taste amazing. I put down my fork and knife.

"How much will you charge me for a lifetime supply of your food?" I asked and Silas chuckled.

"Why? You love it so much?" He asked and I nodded.

"I'll pay you millions, as long as you.. can cook me for a life time. I'll move to Dubai if that's neccessary." I said and he raised his eyebrows.

"Really?"

"Yeah, why not? I need food to live."

"I know all of your restaurant is good but.. I want you to cook it for me." I said as I kept eating the lobster again and again.

"How about we go to the beach after this? Let's take a dip.. what do you say?" He asked and I nodded.

"Let's do that." I smiled.

"Mr. Quinton! It's been a long time!" We both turned to see a man in his 50s or maybe 60s. Silas stood up right away and shook his hand.

"Mr. McClary, it's been like almost a year." Silas said and they both chuckled.

"Oh! This is my wife, Evangeline. Angel, this is Mr. McClary.. he's one of my regulars here." Silas introduced him to me. I got up and shook his hand.

"Wait.. are you Mason Mayford's daughter?" He asked and I nodded.

"The one and only." I said and he nodded.

"What a small world, I never knew that you're married, Silas." He patted Silas' shoulder.

"I want to talk business with you, make time for me son." He said and Silas turned to me.

"Actually, I'm here to have a honeymoon with my wife but I can make time for you next week. How about Friday next week?" Silas asked and Mr. McClary nodded.

"Very well, I'll have my secretary take care of that. I'll see you next Friday then." Mr. McClary smiled to me and then he excused himself.

"Angel, I hope you don-"

"No! I'm fine, really.." I said and I sat down again. I continued to eat my food.

Silas Quinton

I wanted to curse all the men who just turn to see my wife walking to me. Angel is wearing a white one piece swimsuit and she looked so stunning in it. It fit her curve perfectly.

"Silas, is it cold?" She asked before she stepped into the water. I pulled her in and her eyes widen.

"You did not just do that!" She looked at me disbelief and I chuckled. We walked deeper and deeper to the sea and she held my hand tightly.

"Okay.. this is scary." She said and I wrapped my arm around her waist.

"Silas, I think I'm good." She said as the water reached her waist. I shook her head and pulled her deeper.

"Silas.." She whined.

"A little more.." I said and she looked at me hesitating whether she should trust me or not. I held both of her waist and pulled her into the water with me. I stood up right away and Angel jumped into my arms. She didn't say anything but I could feel her body shaking.

"Angel?" She refused to see me.

"I hate you."