Chapter 12 - Different

Silas Quinton

"You're home so late." Sean said as he opened his can of beer. I let out a long sigh and sat on the sofa in the living room. Sean was watching football and I leaned my body back.

"Did you hang out with Evangeline?" He asked as he plopped beside me with a popcorn in a bowl.

"Yeah."

"Mom and dad kinda like her." I turned to him disbelief. Sean chuckled and he turned to the TV.

"I'm doing this for two months, I don't need mom and dad to like her. I just need them to not act crazy and rude." I said and Sean patted my thigh. I got up and decided to go up to my room. I threw myself to my bed and ended up falling asleep.

"Silas! Lunch is ready!" I opened my eyes when I heard my mom just shouted from the kitchen. I got up from my bed and checked the time. It was 11 in the afternoon and I immediately checked my phone.

Angel called me once.

I went into the bathroom right away and took a quick shower. I changed into my hoodie and jeans. I went downstairs and just told my mom that I need to pick up Angel and I'm already late.

I quickly drove to her penthouse and called her as I go there. I felt so bad for waking up so late.

"Hello." She picked up the call.

"Sorry, I woke up so late. I'll pick you up now, where are you?" I asked with a hint of panic.

"I was about to head to the office." She said.

"I'll be there in 5 minutes, come down." I said and ended the call. I stopped at the lobby of her apartment and she walked out.

"Sorry." I said as she got into the car. She turned to me and nodded. I held her chin and checked her cheeks if it's still red or no. She put on the seatbelt and I drove to the hospital.

I parked my car and got out from the car. Angel got out and she looked a little bit hesitant to be here. I gestured her to follow me to the emergency section to get her treated because her wound on her elbow was quite big.

I waited for her and she stood beside me. We walked in together and I turned to see her gripping the end of my hoodie. She looked around nervously and I held her hand tightly. I pulled her towards the emergency room.

I called one of the nurse and she led us to an empty bed. I sat Angel down.

"Take off your jacket." I said and she shook her head. I helped her to take off her jacket and rolled the sleeves up. She looked at the people going around nervously and I stood in front of her so she won't be nervous. She held the end of my hoodie again.

"Good afternoon." We both turned to the doctor and she introduced herself. I told her about Angel's condition and she started to take a look on her wounds on her elbow and the scratch on her neck.

The doctor called the nurse to help her take all the medicine and the things that she need. I held Angel's hand and she pulled me near her. She buried her head to my body and I put my arm around her trying to calm her down.

The doctor treated her neck and elbow pretty quickly.

"You're done." I said and Angel took a peek. The doctor explained to her that she recommended her not to take off the bandage and try not to get in contact with water for around 3 days. I helped her to put her jacket back and I paid for the bills.

I held her hand again and walked out from the emergency room. I turned to her and smiled.

"You did great, Eva." I caressed her head.

"You must be hungry, what do you want to eat?" I asked.

"I want to.." She looked at me nervously.

"What?"

"Can you.. cook for me?" She said and I nodded.

"What do you want? Steak? Pasta? Seafood? Sushi?"

"I don't like sushi." She said and I nodded.

"I'll make pasta then, let's buy some of the ingredients first." I said and we walked out from the hospital building together.

"What is your favorite food?" Angel stopped me before we walked towards the car.

"Me?" I asked and she nodded.

"I like steak and hotpot."

"Can you cook me that instead?" She asked and I raised my eyebrows. I never thought she would ask that. I smiled and nodded.

"It will take a long time though."

"Uhmm.. I can help." She said in a small tone.

"Okay, let's go to the market then." I said and I opened the door for her. She got in and I closed the door. I got into the driver seat and drove towards the nearest market from her house.

We walked into the market together taking one big trolley with us. She looked around and I led her to the vegetables and meat section. I went through the vegetables first and bought a lot of things. She was more interested for the meat section. She kept looking at the beef slices.

"This one.. two three fou-"

"That has a lot of fat, we should buy this one." I said as I pointed the good beef slices. She put the fatty ones down and grabbed the one that I choose instead.

I stopped to pick some mushrooms and I turned to ask Angel which mushroom she likes but she was standing on the tasting section. She was busy eating and trying things. She even have tons of stuff on her arms.

I chuckled seeing it.

The tasting lady must have fooled her into buying stuff. She walked back to me and our eyes met. She looked at me nervously and I gestured her to put it all into the trolley. She ran back to me like a kid with a hint of smile.

"Which one do you like?" I asked.