Chapter Fourteen: The Shocking Development

Vlad floated high above the League of Assassins' hideout. Smirking to himself, he snuck in using his powers and set to work to find where Ra's Al Ghoul is.

He eventually found it, when heard loud and angry shouting. Following the shouting, he found what he was looking for. In front of him stood Ra's screaming angrily at the soldiers in front of him.

Ra's, shirtless, was screaming mainly of two things...where is Alshaba's body and where did his daughter go to. Next to him was a body. The body of the gaurd found unconscious in the secret tunnels.

Vlad watched as the six hundred year old fossil eventually calmed down. He had a few small cuts on him because he was throwing stuff around, resulting in him getting cut. He went to the pit and Vlad's eyes widen.

It was the Lazarus Pit. As Ra's dripped a few drops onto the cuts, the soldiers and Ra's all turned towards Vlad, weapons aimed at him when his watch alerted Vlad of a break in. Vlad cursed under his breath and lost his invisibility.

"Who are you?" Ra's asked."I am Vlad Plasmius! I'm here to challenge you." Vlad said. The soldiers didn't budge an inch."What are you?" Ra's asked, interested."I'm a halfa. Half ghost half human." Vlad said.

Just like Alshaba...maybe he is the heir and not him. Ra's thought."Declined. I'm not in the mood for this now." Ra's said. Vlad glared at him."Are you that afraid that I'll take the league from you?" Vlad asked.

"Don't insult our leader like that!" One of the soldiers shouted. Vlad shot all the soldiers down with his powers and floated down."I came here to challenge you... or should I kill you and these weaklings?" Vlad asked, deliberately placing his foot on one of the soldiers' heads.

"You quite confident that you can defeat me. If you cannot defeat me, You will suffer by my blade and die painfully and slowly." Ra's said and pulled out his blade. Vlad grabbed one of the swords that got scattered when he took down the soldiers.

Ra's didn't do the usual of putting his one hand behind his back. He got ready for a fight that could potentially hurt him at the very least. More soldiers arrived hearing the commotion that started.

They watched as Vlad and Ra's fought with all their might. Ra's moves were fast and precise and Vlad could barely just turn intangible to not get cut but then he realised if he wins, he'll get the pit for himself and he'll heal up like nothing happened.

Vlad blocked Ra's attack but he didn't plan on fighting fair. Vlad powered up his ectoplasmic blast and got a good hit on Ra's side. Ra's scream in pain and was sent into a wall near him. The soldiers aimed their weapons at Vlad.

"STAY DOWN!" Ra's shouted and they immediately put their weapons away. Vlad smirked as his eyes glowed red. Ra's glared at him and stood up, immediately attempting another attack.

Ra's successfully managed to make a deep cut on Vlad's arm but it didn't do much to stop him. Vlad kicked Ra's in the stomach but Ra's grabbed it and flipped Vlad to the floor where he tried to stab him in a vital area of Vlad's body.

Vlad barely had time to dodge and in the same time where he got stabbed in his shoulder (Ra's almost stabbing his lungs) Vlad shot fire at Ra's neck. Both males screamed in pain. Ra's let go of his sword as he tried to put out the fire on his skin. Vlad took Ra's blade and immediately stabbed him.

Ra's spat out blood. He looked down to his chest to see the tip of his own sword sticking out. Vlad ripped the sword out of Ra's back and he fell to his knees."You... you're not the intended heir..." Ra's gasped out. Ra's looked at a guard and spoke in Arabic.

Vlad didn't understand what Ra's said and assumed it was a prayer or something. Meanwhile, Ra's asked a guard at the way back of the crowd to go to Gotham City to find Talia.