Chapter Four:The Halfa

Danny's POV
'It worked...she escaped...the punishment was worth it...At least she managed to get out... I just hope she is okay...' I was back in my cold, dark cell curled up in the corner of the room. A small smile showed on my lips."At least my baby girl will be away from here..." I closed my eyes and let sleep consume me.

Meanwhile with the team.

Normal POV
Batman had left the team to go check on Dani and Artemis. Everyone was talking about the younger halfa untill the computer announced the other Leaguers such as Superman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter and Black Canary. The team went to go meet the other Leaguers."Batman called about you guys bringing a little girl to the mountain, mind explaining what happened." Black Canary asked the group."We were fighting off  some guys in white suits untill we heard a girl screaming out 'daddy'. We all went to see where the scream came from and found the girl on the floor with a bleeding leg. The guys we were fighting with had a gun pointed at her and then we saved her and brought her here." Robin said."Anything else we should know." Superman said."Well, Kid found a locket that belongs to the girl with a photo and a little boy flying beside a building with her in it but she looks a bit younger than she looks now." Superboy said.

"This her brother or something?" Black Canary asked."We don't know. At the back it had a note and it is from her dad, but the other one looks more like her cousin or brother." Robin said.

"Where is she now?" Martain Manhunter asked."The sickbay, Artemis is with her. Speaking off she was acting like a mom towards the girl." Wally said speeding into the room.

"Though he does look familiar. Like I've seen him on tv or something."

"I never saw him on tv." Robin said."Wait...you watch tv?" Wally asked."Now is not the time to be talking about tv." Superman said."Let's go see her." Aquaman said.

When they arrived Artemis immediatly made sure they were quiet. They are large bulky people.

"She's...quite unique. I can't even get into her mind." Martian said."Meghan also tried and failed." Robin said. Suddenly the monitors around Dani went crazy and a white ring formed around her body. Her appearance changed to jet black hair and smelly, torn up clothes."What just happened? Her heart beat isn't so slow anymore." Robin said.

"She must have two forms. This one must be her human form." Batman said walking in."What's her name?" Aquaman asked."We don't know. She passed out before we got to her." Artemis said.

"Why are you so protective over her?" Black Canary asked."It's...complicated." Artemis answered and avoided eye contact."Hmm." Batman said as he looked closer at the monitors."Her heartbeat is still a little too slow. When she wakes up she should eat, freshen up and answer some questions, got it." Batman said as he looked at the two members of the Young Justice team that's present.

"Right." Artemis said."A word." Batman said as he walked out with big Leaguers."She'll be fine, Artemis. She just needs some...love. That's all. Love and care." Robin said and went outside leaving Artemis alone with Dani.

Black Canary's POV
"You guys felt it too, right?" I asked as soon as we were alone."Yeah, she gives off an aura of death." Aquaman said."Surely that's weird. Is she a threat to the League?" Superman asked."She's powerful...just untrained. Maybe she could join the Young Justice team when she is older. Black Canary can train her." Martain said.

"Don't get ahead of yourselves. First we need answers and that happens when she wakes up. We can't force her to stay here either. She has a father and we must find him."

"What if he doesn't want her? Like something happened and she's just hoping that ger dad is still there for her?" I asked."We don't know forsure. That's why we need to ask her. Remember, she is also a human being...not just whatever her other half is." Batman said.

This girl...she's gone through enough. I will gladly take her under my wing when needed.

"So what do we now?" Aquaman asked."We try and get some information on her. Name, missing person files, last name. Anything." Batman said and they nodded. Superman, Aquaman and Martain Manhunter left to the Watchtower.

"She's so young. She's seen what a kid her age shouldn't have seen." I said."At some point we all saw something we didn't want too. Life a meta-human is never a easy thing." Batman said.

"Not just meta humans, but you too. It's obvious you didn't have a happy childhood." I said and he sent a little glare at me and I kept quiet."Batman..."

"Just leave it there." He said and he went to his Bat Cave.

I had nothing to do at the time so I started to practice some sparing techniques.

Original:LilithHellfire034