Chapter Six: Background Check, Please

Batman's POV
I went to where the Young Justice team was which was in the living room as Black Canary tried to get answers from Danielle, but so far she wouldn't tell us anything of her past or who that other boy was Dick told me about or who her father is. She only mentioned a secret...what secret.

She's obviously a Meta-Human. Her blood was fifty percent  human blood and the other half made the computer glitchy but tge strange thing is, it is green and red.

I sighed and grabbed their attention."Anything else, like who the organization works for?" I asked."None. When I hacked into their files it only showed the agents working there and stuff about a ghost named Danny Phantom."

Danny's POV
The agents took me again from my cell but this time they took me to a room where there was an electrical chair."Please...no." I whispered only to get a kick in my stomach and in my back. I breathed heavily as I tried not to think of my pain but it was hard considering that I have a lot and too much pain.

"Hook it up."

The two agents wearing nothing but white suits hooked me into the chair and yes, they worked roughly as they did."Phantom. The time has come to give us the secret of how you became immortal." Agent A said."I'll never tell you that."

"You are going to tell us or else we're going to have to use something that you in particular won't like." She said."Aw, look that. You do have a heart." I said sarcastically. She nodded towards the control panel and electricity went through my body as my screams fills the room.

It stopped after what seemed hours. I was breathing heavily. Eventually after a moment I started to cough up blood."Tell me!" Agent A shouted."Do you really think I'm going to tell you? I got my powers by accident. If you guys had immortality then it would catastrophic not just for ghosts. Torture me all you want."

This Agent A went to the control panel and soon I felt the electricity go through me again."TELL ME!"

"NEVER!"

The electricity stopped and my heart was beating fast."Take him to operating table." Agent A said and I was dragged out of there again. In the room waiting was the scientists in their lab coats and latex gloves. Next to them was a table full of syringes.

"Don't think it will be easier now that, that brat is out of here. She just die out here without you." One of them said.

"No she won't." I hissed but then I got thrown to the floor. I tried to get up but before I could the scientists picked me up my wrists and feet and tossed me to the table. I got cuffed to the table again and the experiments started again.

At least Dani is safe.

Two Years later
Dani's POV
A lot has happened in these last two years. But my father still isn't at my side. What happened was, a year ago the team including Batman went to go and save him but when they arrived at the base...it was abandoned. I don't know where he is or if he isn't even alive.

They don't know that 'the other kid' is actually my father...they think that Danny is my brother or something.

I've been depressed since then. I still may be young but I know too much to be considered as an innocent kid. I still had my locket father made when we were in that cell.

Wherever he is I will find him and make sure he is safe. He did the same for me so I could live.

I came out of my room and went to the kitchen where I saw Megan baking cookies again."Hey, Dani. Are you doing okay?" She asked."Yeah. I'm good." I lied and went to the fridge. I got the juice jar out and placed it on the counter. I got a glass and filled it. As I drank the juice I put away the jug back in the fridge and sat down at the island where Megan was rolling out the dough.