Chapter Twenty: Evidence Smedidence

That night, Dani slept soundly knowing that Danny and Dan were safe and sound and as a bonus Vlad waa out of the way for good.

And even better, Conner kissed her! She couldn't be any happier.

After a few weeks, things didn't die down. Danny thought he'll feel better when he gave up the League of Assassins but the pressure that came mostly from Amity didn't help him. The world but Amity praised Danny for what he did. Amity only saw a murderer who killed his family while the rest saw a very brave hero.

Batman saw the toll it placed on Danny and decided to do something about it. He copied some files and recordings on a flash drive and had it delivered to the Amity Park Police Department...APPD for short.

The news of what actually happened spread like wild fire and the hate were placed on Vlad now. Danny didn't know of this but he did find it odd.

The hatred feelings started to calm down but only for the whole world to make statues of Dan and Danny in every capital city.

The statue consisted of Dan and Danny, standing back to back holding the earth up with one hand above their heads.

Danny and Dan decided to move to Gotham to get an apartment and jobs to try and start new. It was hard for them considering their fame.

Everyone went haywire when they saw the two. They barely get to go in public because of it. Luckily, technology developed and hair dye and contact lenses are a thing.

Danny dyed his hair to a dark blue and got a cut...the League helped with it since barber shops isn't the best idea. Dan kept his hair long and he kept it black. He only got him some contact lenses to change his eye colour to grey.

He also ditched his old clothes for new ones. He had a jean jacket, black ripped jeans, a red and black shirt with a smoking skull on it and then some Converse.

Danny, basically, did the same. He now wore a Black long sleeved shirt with a white short sleeve, dark blue skinny jeans and some Vans.

They looked unrecognisable and thanks to Batman, they got a lot more clothes and a place to stay. Now all they need is a job.

Speaking of which, Danny managed to get a job as a cashier at Starbucks. No one, not even his boss recognised Danny as Phantom. Danny had a smug look on his face after he got the job. Not only did they change their appearance but their names had a slight change too.

Danny fused Sam and his last name to make Manton as his last name while Danny used his second name as his first name.

James Manton. Danny didn't know how Batman managed it but they both got new documents that's official and everything. Dan made his name Michael Manton, older brother of James Manton.

Dan landed himself a job as a builder. Both him and Danny didn't make a lot but it was enough to survive.

Dani stayed a bit longer at the mountain to spend time with Conner. She would still help on missions but not as much. Danny didn't stop her. He wanted her to feel free and by stopping her from being a hero from time to time isn't going to help, so he let her.

A few months had gone by and no one noticed Dan and Danny among them. The apartment they got, wasn't big or anything special but it felt nice and cozy.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Danny returned to the apartment with tons of groceries. Going to the kitchen, he quickly started to unpack the bags, putting the food and drinks away.