Part 12

The hostess steps back, and you vaguely remember hearing, "Have a nice dinner", but you were so caught up with the man in front of you, you couldn't be sure. Park Chanyeol was standing across from you with a giant smile on his face. You took in his appearance, and damn he looked good. He was wearing a fitted, black suit that was unbuttoned at the collar, beautifully showing off the top of his collarbone. His hair was mostly swept off to the side, except for a lock in the front, which created a comma shape on his forehead.

Your heart was beating wildly, and all you could do was stare at the handsome man in front of you. "What is this, Chan?"

"A surprise," he responds in his deep voice.

He winks as he walks toward you and pulls out your chair. You lightly sit down, and he pushes you in like a gentleman. As he was seating himself, you finally pull yourself out of the shock that had taken over your body and begin to process what was happening.

"My, Jia, you've changed." You tease, making Chanyeol bark out a laugh. "So, did you and her plan this?"

"I may have had some help," he says, nodding. "Jia, Yixing, Junmyeon... I asked them to help me find a way to surprise you."

Everything clicks into place in an instant. Now you understood the weird text messages from the boys. "I thought they were acting odd!" You half-shout, momentarily forgetting you were in a fancy restaurant. "Wait, so is this why you haven't responded to me all day?"

He shyly nods. "I was getting everything ready and then trying not to freak out the rest of the time."

His words, and the thought he put behind everything, warmed you. "You know... you could've just asked me to dinner..."

"Yeah, but where's the fun in that?" He smirks. "Plus, I want this night to be special, something we'll remember forever."

Your heart skips a beat at his words. It was like an unspoken promise that something was going to happen tonight. "Chanyeol, you've gone soft on me..."

"I've always been soft, especially when it comes to you..." He lowly says while maintaining eye contact, causing you to blush at his words.

While you order and when your food arrives, you both make teasing conversation, not getting into anything too deep and just enjoying each other's company. Dinner ends up being delicious and goes by way faster than you want it to.

"Wow, I've never been so sad for a dinner to be over with..."

Chanyeol gives you a small smile. "And why is that?"

"Because I'm not ready for us to go our separate ways yet..." You quietly answer, hoping you didn't cross some imaginary line the two of you had drawn.

"Oh, my dear, Y/N... This night is just getting started." You feel your heart pick up speed for, what felt like, the 15th time since you sat down.

You watch as Chanyeol stands up and holds his hand out towards you, without saying a word. You take his hand without a thought.

"Where are we going?"

He remains silent, and when he doesn't answer, you ask another question. "Is this another surprise?"

He smirks. "No, I'm just not going to tell you."

While you are walking to the hidden destination, you realize that Chanyeol never let go of your hand. You can't stop the wide smile that spreads on your face. You felt giddy, like a school girl all over again.

The two of you walk for about 5 minutes before you grasp where he is taking you. It was the park where the two of you had met up over a month ago to try to talk out your problems. Only this time, the trees surrounding the park were lit up with string lights. It looked like a fairy tale park, and it took your breath away.