Kissed by Darkness

~Valarendrik~

Flickering shadows bloomed among the tapered spears of ebon stone clinging above, and swelled upon the barren walls. The incandescent glow of the lantern glinted across our entangled forms, while I lay slightly reclined upon our bed of soft midnight pillows. My silky river of raven hair cascaded over my shoulder, flowing all the way down to her ocean of golden waves, meeting at an enlaced estuary. Her petite face was serene and dreaming, while she slept in my tender shadowy embrace. 

I, however, was anything but relaxed. My brows were pinched and my teeth were clenched, while I intensely concentrated on my clandestine creation. The daedal raiment that I'd once worn in preparation for my matrimonial ceremony and coronation of kingship now floated upon my shadows before me, all cut up and rearranged. I strenuously willed my shadows to tediously weave and thread my discarded hairs through the dark material, sowing it into something of better use... A new outfit for Lucilia. 

About a month and a half had passed since she'd fallen into this world, and her current dress was becoming increasingly threadbare and tattered as time went on... Especially around her voluptuous bosom. And judging by the way that my old coronation attire had been crumpled up and discarded on top of all my other clothing, it had not escaped me that she'd been investigating the ostentatious outfit. It's not like I'd ever wear the stupid thing again, but it would look rather lovely on her.

I tilted my head, reassessing the measurements... Should cut the neckline a bit lower? ...Yes I think I shall...

My eyes widened as the softest yawn fell from her rosy lips, and her delicate hand gripped my jacket a bit tighter... Oh shit, she's waking up! Swift as I could, I hastily willed my shadows to hustle and bustle the garment back into the chest. The moment every scrap of black material and thread of hair was inside, a tendril of shadows carefully closed the lid with a gentle click, then dissipated before she awoke... Phew!

A soft purr vibrated within my chest, as I affectionately caressed up and down her spine with the backs of my claws. My gaze fell to her slumberous face and a smile graced my lips, while I waited with great anticipation for my favorite part of her sleep cycle. The moment she reopened those beautiful sparkling blue eyes. 

She made a little clicking noise with her puckered lips, then nuzzled into my chest, still fast asleep. The corners of my mouth drooped in disappointment... No matter, I'm sure that she'll be awakening any moment now...

With a silent sigh, I relaxed my shoulders and looked up towards the ceiling, watching how the shadows moved about the stalactites like venom pooling around the sharp teeth of a predator. I then smiled again and closed my eyes, relishing in the feeling of having her within my arms. 

I greatly enjoyed the sensation of her soft feminine curves laying peacefully across my hard body. The silken waterfall of her golden hair tickling my side. The warm caress of her breath across my ashen skin. Feeling her living heart rhythmically beating against my undead chest. Sometimes I'd even secretly hold her just a smidgen closer, imagining what it would feel like if my heart could beat too. 

My eyes reopened to drink in the sight of her peaceful countenance, and agony lurched in my soul. With every passing day, it was only a matter of time before Azathoth returned. The harsh reality of it frustrated me greatly. I had grown rather fond of my cute little human friend, and greatly enjoyed the responsibility of keeping her safe and comfortable. She provided my hollow and insignificant life with a purpose... And our time together was dwindling.

I hated the fact that I'd soon be reliving my empty existence as a condemned wanderer of solitude. Left to dwell on thoughts filled with grievous contemplations of permanently leaving this charnel world of suffering. Once again feeling my spirit slowly fracturing beneath the crushing weight of my untold loneliness. Haunted by the bitter remains of unforgotten torments biting at my soul like festering ghouls gnawing at the ankles, while I aimlessly wandered alone and adrift in this dark and ashen world of sorrow. Forced to return to my bereft and decaying reality, companionless.