Epilogue- A Kingdom of Light

~Ten Years Later~

Evenfall shrouded the kingdom of Tenveriel in a peaceful veil of darkness. Stars blossomed across the midnight-blue firmament like the ethereal gardens of Eurybia. Their twinkling rays caressed each glossy black wave within the sea below and danced upon the sharp spires of the kingdom beside it. The mighty flaming tree stretched its twisted branches up as though reaching to the glimmering heavens, gilding the land in a flickering amber glow. The dark clouds of Hsarohpem still tempestuously swirled over the jagged mountains in the distance, never once daring to encroach upon the kingdom of light. 

Despite the serene setting the nighttide graciously bestowed upon the land, each and every tenverian was busily hustling and bustling around, preparing their offerings for the upcoming blood moon ceremony. With the clouds no longer obscuring the view of the heavens, plus the ancient memories of those who'd been revived, the king and queen had learned that the moon rise happened once a year during the abyssal autumn. And in return for protecting the kingdom against the many beasts of the sea and for guarding the gateway to the abyssal pits, they gifted the mighty serpent Malsanguis with a share of their harvest.

Flaming wall torches made of prongs shaped like grasping claws illuminated the many stone staircases leading down to the rocky beach. Tenverians of all sorts strode down them, bringing their gifts to the rebuilt circular platform which stretched out into the restless sea. Other tall standing torches cast their flickering light across King Valarendrik's smiling face. He stood next to a large wooden boat, kindly thanking each citizen who had chosen to give. He never demanded that his citizens share, but most partook in the tradition nevertheless. The boat was quickly filling to the brim, overflowing with a wide array of colorful fruits and vegetables, strange cured meats, and freshly baked goods.

His cloak of soul silk and shadowy hair fluttered out behind him as his gaze drifted down to the beach where a very pregnant Lucilia was standing. Her arm was wrapped around the underside of Sagacor's face, with her pale hand mindlessly caressing the silly horse's muzzle to keep him away from all the offerings. Her regal azure-blue dress and shadowy cloak caressed the rocky shore while she serenely watched over their three young sons with motherly fondness. 

They were like mini-Valarendriks, with little clawed hands gripping jagged driftwood sticks while they energetically practiced their swordsmanship skills. Their royal ebon cloaks billowed in the wind and their childlike voices echoed out over the sea. Two fluffy abyss wolf-hellhound hybrids playfully woofed and bounced around the boys, having been adopted from Belzar and his mate. Their seven cats, however, remained safely inside the walls of the castle with Speedy where they felt the most secure.

Ineffable love for his family swelled in his heart and a deep sense of pride washed over him. Lucilia sensed his watchful eyes upon her and peered over, smiling as their gazes met. Valarendrik lovingly smiled back, his entire being beaming with affection and delight. "You look beautiful..." He sent through his thoughts, earning a bashful blush from his queen. Then one of the last few citizens placed their gift of freshly harvested carrots into the boat next to Lucilia's cupcakes, drawing his attention away from his wife.

"Thank you, Hadrill." Valarendrik thanked the burgundy-haired man with a courteous bow.

"He's not the only serpent I'm looking forward to seeing on the rise tonight..." William's low snickering voice drifted across the platform while he and Oliver made their way up the steps next. 

William had been whispering into Oliver's ear, with his head turned and a basket held in his hands. Both men were clad in black abyssal clothing, with William's outfit flaunting glimmers of cherry red on his embroidered medieval-like tunic. Matching silver wedding bands gleamed on their fingers, having tied the knot eight years prior. With Oliver exceeding as chancellor and William using his magic to keep the land full of vibrancy and plenitude, the couple was well-known and highly respected throughout the kingdom... Even if they did often talk dirty to one another in public.