The Perfect Mischance

Wedding bells merrily chimed through the air, and colorful flower petals fluttered on the warm summertime breeze. Bright sunshine lovingly kissed the vibrant trees which seemed to joyously dance along with the many formally dressed wedding goers, who happily waltzed and tangoed on the lustrous lawn of the fancy country club gardens. Sounds of laughter and singing resounded all around, adding to the cheerful celebratory atmosphere.

The pointy tops of large white tents, filled with tables of food fit for a king, stretched up to the clear blue sky, matching the shapes of the mountainous peaks looming in the background. They offered shade for some of the more elderly wedding guest. I giggled to myself as I stood off to the side, watching as some drunken jolly old man helplessly tried to pluck a pesky flower petal out of his drink.

"Alright everyone! It's time for the bouquet toss!" Some lovely looking middle aged woman with bouncy brunette curls enthusiastically exclaimed in a thick Hispanic accent, while slurring her words a bit do to intoxication. "Gather round, gather round, all who would like to participate!"

I excitedly straightened out the rainbow crown of impressively realistic synthetic flowers on top of my head, and despite my silvery heels, quickly dashed over to where one of the brides was holding the bridal bouquet. I swiftly wove my way through the decent sized crowd of other girls and a few men, all adorned in colorful dresses and vibrant shirts, until I was standing right behind the lady in white. 

My bright blue eyes carefully followed the movement as the bride's caramelly hand tossed the bouquet of every color in the rainbow passed the raven ringlets on her head, and high up into the clear crystalline sky. It zoomed passed the crown of green mountains which kissed the pale blue in the background, slowing as it reached the pinnacle of it's arch, and then it began to fall right towards me.

...Oh shit! It's falling right towards me! 

With a big smile on my pink glossy lips, I swiftly leapt up, and reached for the bouquet. Ten or so other people all swarmed like a hungry flock of seagulls attacking a single french fry on the beach, trying to beat me to it. But my hand wrapped around the silver ribbon laced stems first, and I held that fucker in a firm death grip. Realizing that I had actually caught it, my expression changed from one of carefree laughter to a surprised one of 'Oh my golly gumdrops!' ...Then I was immediately tackled to the ground by four other girls. 

With a dainty little "Oof!" the wind was knocked right out of my lungs, as my back slammed against the lush green lawn. My flower crown was crooked, and my thick wavy blonde hair was laid all sprawled out around my head, glimmering in the sunlight like a halo of spun gold. I held the bouquet firmly against my chest, and laughed up towards the sunny sky using what little breath I could manage to muster up.

"Alright, alright, game's over. Get the hell off of her." Pema, my aggressive and overly protective bestfriend, suddenly said from above while forcefully peeling the other girls off of me.

Her silky straight black hair was up in an elegant messy bun, while her usually bare large phoenix eyes were decorated with thick black eyeliner wings, making her look like a smoldering temptress. Her downcast scowl shadowed her petite features as the final green dressed girl was ripped off of my stomach, revealing my slightly bedraggled form. For such a slender girl, Pema had incredible strength. I giggled and sat up, while grabbing the tan olive toned hand that she had extended towards me.

"Thanks, Pema." I giggled with a beaming smile, while gently brushing a few straggler blades of grass off of my flowy peachy pink dress. "I wasn't expecting my moment of glory to end in me getting pulverized to the ground like that." I joked.

Congratulatory murmurs from other contestants came from all around, as I looked up and locked gazes with my boyfriend Justin's seafoam green eyes. The sun illuminated the short chocolatey tousled waves which grew a bit longer on the very top of his head, and kissed his handsome tanned face. He was the paragon of male perfection in his formal attire, with the sleeves of his light blue button-up shirt rolled half way up his muscular arms, and black slacks hugging his toned behind.