Edging and Erotic Enticements

I nervously sat on the edge of the black leather hospital bed, swinging my feet back and forth while tirelessly worrying about what the demon doctors might have to say. A strang glowing crimson orb floated within a tower of obsidian carved skulls and talons like a sinister floor lamp, giving the ghoulish hospital room an unsettling sanguine glow. 

Searching for a distraction, my eyes glanced around at the eerie depictions of ancient medical practices which looked more like medieval torture sessions decorating the stone walls. Thorny crimson plants, colorful crystal balls, and a few strange devices decorated a sleek black countertop in the corner. And little pieces of pale yellow brimstone twinked within the walls, making it look as though we were in a perfectly carved crystal cave... Which we very well could have been since this hospital was in the enormous underground city, Pandemonium.

While Gwendolyn had been setting up this appointment for us, she had to confirm that the father was in fact a tenverian several times while talking to some demon lady through a weird crystal ball thing. Hell's version of a camera phone, she'd told me. The demon on the other end didn't seem to believe her. And when she finally did, she seemed amazed that we weren't looking into abortion options.

Valarendrik's large clawed hand gently rested over my knee, giving it a loving squeeze to help calm my restlessly swinging legs. He tenderly smiled at me from his spot on a very gothic-looking black chair, with overwhelming love shimmering in his ethereal black and red gaze. Neither of us said a word, yet there was a silent sense of comfort and understanding humming softly between us. It felt as though his very soul was trying to enwreathe mine in a blanket of consolation and care.

My anxiety seemed to melt away and my heart settled into a place of peace. Even if there was something wrong with our child, this was probably one of the best places we could be. We didn't have to hide from anyone in Hell and medical care was easily available. Gwendolyn had assured me that this hospital was really good and highly professional. They had the kind of doctors who really knew what they were doing...

There was a soft knock on the medieval wooden-plank door, then it gently opened. "Hello, I'm Doctor Ohauros." A tall handsome demon with a black clipboard in his lightly-tanned clawed hand greeted as he walked into the room. Black horns curled down the sides of his head like that of a ram, starkly contrasting his tied-back long ivory hair. "I understand that you're here for a vasectomy today?" His bright violet eyes stared directly at Valarendrik, then dropped to his crotch.

...Wait, what?

Valarendrik pinched his brows in confusion while shaking his head. "Um... I'm not exactly sure what that is-"

"What are you doing in here again!?" A snappy female doctor suddenly stepped in from behind the other doctor. 

There was an annoyed expression on her pretty face as she threateningly held up her clipboard in her dark reddish-umber hand, making like she was ready to smack the guy with it. A long ebon braid swayed down her back with strands of bright crimson woven throughout it. Her black impala-like horns shimmered with a golden iridescence, matching her large glimmering golden eyes and feathery black and gold striped wings.

Doctor Ohauros quickly glanced down at his clipboard again, then back up at her with a goofy smile stretching across his face. "Oh, whoops!... I'm supposed to be in room 81, not 18!" He shook his head and joyously chuckled. "I really need to stop reading my clipboard upside down." His jolly eyes then fell on me, drifting down to my large breasts. "Are you sure you're not here for a breast exam?" He made like he was lewdly groping the air, earning a low rumbling growl from Valarendrik.

"Out!" The female doctor shoved his bumbling butt out of the room, then swiftly shut the door. "Sorry about that." She apologized while exasperatedly turning back around to face us. There was a look of both embarrassment and kindness in her glowing eyes and a soft smile on her full lips. "I'm Doctor Hangatie. Lucilia, is it?"