CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

1 month later:
Tessa PoV:
It's been difficult so far, after my breakdown Hardin phoned and told me he was coming back and then following that after talking it out he phoned his manager and found out he could go for only two months instead of the excruciating long amount before, just to get things sorted. At first he would stay in London and then under the exception of carrying on working from here he could stay and continue the same ideal job.
So far it's been one month and it's been tough. Emery has developed a sense of not sleeping a full night she is now over a month old and it's definitely showing I spent one night trying to calm her down ordering bigger baby clothes. I miss Hardin ... God do I miss him so much!.
This has been a big part of our relationship our family, he's missed a lot and I've tried to capture every moment but it's proving more and more difficult. With emery now growing she does more cute things everyday, she isn't crawling or anything she's too young for that however it's the small things like rubbing her eyes and moving her hands around more, making grabby hands ect... I don't know if she means to do these things but it sure is cute when she does.
I'm yet to hear her laugh I still think it's a bit early but I'm hoping she will hold off atleast until  Hardin gets home that way we can enjoy the sound together like we should be.

It's early in the morning emery is still in our bedroom I couldn't bring myself to have her in her own room especially while I'm alone. I called Landon that day and told him there was no need for us to stay at his home when it was a short amount of time it would be a big move for us a temporary time. He insisted and even used Addy as a reason she was sad we didn't come however I would much rather prefer to be here comfortable at the moment.

Emery starts fussing and whining which I know by now means she is hungry, I turn to the side cott of the bed.
"Hi my gorgeous baby" I say smiling down it's still early but she makes me feel so awake and alive there's no other feeling like this. It's not the usual kind of love it's naturally pure and feels like your own.
I tickle her cheeks with my side finger,
"Show me that smile ...come on gorgeous." Nothing but a blank expression and sort of pout.
Oh well guess we will have to wait and see.
I pick her up and cradle her in my arms, she can't hold her head up and is still small for one month but she has definitely grown over the weeks Hardin has been gone. I sit back down carefully on the bed and start to breastfeed her, it's a joy of mine as weird as it sounds after going through tough times in the past, it's a relief in my head to know my body can function the way it should of those past years ago. I still think of that time, it still breaks my heart knowing that emery may have been my second baby hurts my soul physically. I'm staying positive I really am.

My phone starts to ring on my bedside table and I wipe the stray tears is didn't even know I cried. Hardin's name and picture flash against my screen and I smile at the moment, the first time he held emery he didn't even know I snapped it but It's a beautiful picture. I make a mental note before swiping the green button to organise family photos for us to frame it's needed at the moment.

"Hey gorgeous." His face and handsome features make my jaw drop and eyes widen, naturally after all these years. Nothing has changed and I love that.
"Hey handsome."
"Wipe the drool babe" he mocks me, to which I smirk back and laugh making emery shake a little and her big eyes open.
"Sorry em" I smile down.
"Aww is she awake... Em baby it's daddy." He says in his cheery baby voice.
"I'm breastfeeding so I would show you but I don't trust you not to screenshot it and accidentally send it or post it." I shake my head and laugh at the thought.
"Oh babe you know me to well,anyway are you both okay?"
"Yeah we miss you, I can tell she knows your not here." I frown at that.
"I hope she hasn't forgotten me. Is she sleeping all night now?"
"Nope she's fussy and stubborn like that."
"Wonder who she got that from" I see him smile.
"Haha very funny." He's so cocky.
"Oh sorry babe I've got to run, I love you, I love you Emery.. I'll call you later love."
"We love you."
And just like that we end the calm knowing we would have a proper catch up later on.
Right it's time to start my day, I burp emery and place her in the seat I use to bring her into the shower room with me, I turn my back and next thing I know she is in loud burst of tears, screaming from her small lungs.
Oh boy! It's gonna be a long day that's for sure.

Authors note -/-:-:/:/:/:://::/-:/:/::://:
Sorry for the delay hope you enjoyed this... he comes home soon !!
I have now decided updates will be every Saturday it works for me so I can give you long chapters 900 words and more.... if I have time In the week I may update then but it depends on my schedule!!.
How are you all hope you are well!!
I'm alright🥴
Again I'm so sorry for the long wait but it's here now and trust me the next chapter is in the making as we speak meaning it's gonna be a good one 🤫 I'm proud of my next one compared to the others I think it's gonna be good !! ❤️💕❤️
Comment your opinions my lovesXxxx