CHAPTER FIVE

TESSA POV:

Finally I'm 30 weeks , yes this pregnancy has had its struggles especially the morning sickness it was horrible. However now I'm doing much better, I'm still in a battle with Hardin he wants me to stop working and spend all day in bed.

I'm not doing that until doctors advise I go on maternity leave which is only 5 weeks away, I'm a little earlier then most women because of my trouble and all the risks there are with me and the baby girl, we are still trying to figure out a name for her. Hardin likes names with meanings, which I like to but I'm not so keen on naming her after city's like, oh I don't know... London!. He has very strong opinions on naming her after his home city. I'm just not feeling it. We are deciding tonight when Hardin comes home.

In the meantime I just finished up planning mr and mrs coopers wedding, I had to spend extra time on it since I won't be there on the day. I'm just sending an email to them when I get an extreme hunger, I realise I haven't eaten since 10am now it's 2pm I like to think it's the baby making me extra hungry but I'm not so sure , before I know it I've eaten half a tray of left over chicken pasta , 2 doughnuts and 2 bags of crisps. God this is not going to be easy to burn off after having the baby.

2 hours pass and Hardin walks through the door and I pause the tv show I was watching "Hi baby, and baby girl to be named today." I giggle and kiss him softly on the lips, the cold from the outside and it sends a tingle through my body, I pull away and smile up
At him. Our love is stronger then ever even after all this time.

"Right so, what's the name" I say rubbing my big stretched belly , it's crazy to think there's a baby in there.
"So you know how I wanted London..." he says and I sigh And go to talk but he interrupts me
"I don't want to name her that any more , you can choose" he turns cold, this has happened to many times for me not to know what is happening.
"What's wrong?." I turn his face to me and I can see the red tears forming in his eyes
"I just think there's so much history , bad history there, why on earth would I name my daughter after it." I sigh , I admire how he doesn't push me away any more a couple years ago I would have to pull it out of him and we would end up arguing about the fact I had to ask him in the first place.
"I understand where your coming from but that history made us stronger and more open like we are today. But I would be lying if I said that wasn't part of the reason I was put off that name." I say honestly it has been on my mind for a while
"I get it, it's a relief really it was always in my head that the name was bad."
"Hey,the name wasn't bad it just had a lot of connotation to it, come on let's think of the perfect name."

We spend ages looking through our computers and books we categorise it down to the letter 'E' we like Ellie, Emily and Elizabeth... we look at each other and decide to both say the same we like the most at the same time 3....2....1 "Emily" we smile slight and turn to the front sitting in silence , something about it doesn't feel right I turn to him again and we both have the same look on our faces and we laugh until he says "How about Emery?" I picture it in my head for a minute it sounds much better, I have the biggest smile on my face when I tell him "it's perfect" he places his hand on my belly and I put mine on top of his "hi Emery" we rest our foreheads together and both agree not to tell anyone else until she is born an element of surprise for them.
Baby Emery, it's just the perfect name I kiss Hardin passionately and he asks if I'm certain the name is 100% right. "I'm certain , I'm so glad you came up with it"
"Me too , I am amazing" he boasts I giggle and kiss him again before he leans down and places little kisses over my belly whispering sweet things to Emery.
(Picture at top)

——————————————-
AUTHORS NOTE:
THANK YOU FOR READING SORRY IT WAS SHORT IM GONNA DO ANOTHER CHAPTER LATER TODAY 🤞🥺💗😍 LEAVE FEEDBACK IN THE COMMENTS.