CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

Tessa PoV

What do I do now.
If it was just me I would have a much clearer head to make a decision,he's completely drained his number of second chances..in fact he's probably in dept with them.
Trouble is it's not just me, there's em. She belongs with both of us together...and I've just dragged her away from him. Do I know the full story? No. Do I want to know the full story? N..well...maybe. I have no idea anymore.
I'm just great full that Landon said I could stay the night, by the time I got here both Nora and Addy were asleep. For the best though, the questions would have been too much.
I sit on the chair in the corner while emery sleeps safe and sound in Addy's spare crib. I just switch between watching her and staring out the window somehow finding myself wishing I could hear the familiar engine pull up . It was 2am so god knows where he would be.I just truly can't deny how much I love him.

Hardin PoV

I'm beside myself, not knowing where she is or if they are both 100% safe. But I caused this, I fucking always cause this and she runs..it just reminds me of our past cycle and I don't wanna repeat that. We would fight she would run and Landon would always be the shiny helpful new...hold up...Landon, he's close, he always understands her. Who else would she go to, Landon of course , why the fuck didn't I think of that earlier.

She won't want to talk though, besides I need to get my facts straight. Truth is I can't remember half of what happened, in all honesty I don't remember a thing after I went to that club or bar wherever I ended up that night after giving into my temptations.

First thing I need to do is call the bar something "Carl's.."and ask for this Chloe that's been in all the nightmares since the day it happened surely it's got to mean something.

After googling bars in London there's a list of 15 different ones that all have Carl incorporated into the name. With the time difference I assume some are still open late into the night/early morning or have just opened for the late night ones that just closed and kicked all the drunks out of.
So far I've gone through "Carl's antidotes"
"Licences from Carl"  "chatty Carl" all of which denied anyone named Chloe that worked there.
I'm now onto "Carlos" with low hopes and doubting this is the answer I'm desperately looking for I start to ring the number.

A guy who sounds like he's smoked thousands of cigarettes in his life answers. He tells me that Chloe is helping a customer, I hear him yell her name... this has gotta be it.
A British cockney accent comes through the line.
"Chloe speaking hello."
Okay I've got this far now ... how the fuck do I explain that I need to know if I slept with her.

"I umm..I don't know If you would remember me but I was at that place last week and well... I was drunk and..."

"Ok listen fella I have not got time for you to ask this...you gotta be more specific...I work in a bar which kinda means I'm entitled to see plenty of drunk men sir."

Jesus fucking Christ.

"Ok ok ... point is I somehow woke up in a red lit room with little to no memory of what happened, my clothes were um... off in the morning so basically I need to know..."

"If I had sex with you basically.."

"Well I guess so."

"I remember you, only guy that's been in the backroom, your the guy that had scruffy dark hair and wore all black with that strange tattoo..and you.."

"I don't care about that shit I know what I look like... I just wanna fucking know if we slept together."

"Dude chill . No.. you were black out drunk and threatening to beat up some guys I noticed your phone screen light up and obvi you have a family .. I took you to the back room so that wouldn't be the case to which the room by the way happens to be red for some reason so it's not like a whore room if that's what your thinking , besides I'm Into girls Man... You spent the night there that's why you woke up in that room I tried to kick you out but your were way to deep of a sleep and my shift ended so I just left . As for you saying you had no clothes on well, I have absolutely no idea."