CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Hardin:
That was a fucking nightmare of a morning, this start to our family has not been a easy start but now I hope it can only go up. I'm feeling beyond happy Tessa was the only girl I ever loved and now ..... well now I have 2 beautiful girls. I'm cuddling Tessa on the sofa while they talk "mum things" emery is having a nap upstairs I'm in anticipation to see her just watch her she's just my angel baby girl.
"I'm gonna go check on her" I tell them Tessa reaches out to me.
"She's fine and I think it's best if you leave her to sleep she could probably sense the stress this morning." She tells me
"Tess I'm her dad I just wanna look at her." I say a little annoyed. Does she think I'm not good at this....that I would mess this up.
"Hardin I know I want to look at her as well she's our girl....but it's important to have routines." She says in her calm voice I know my mum feels uncomfortable but right now I just want to make sure she's okay and admire her.
"Tess I'm not gonna mess this up you know ... I know I fuck up a lot but with this ... I'm not ... I only..." she cuts me off
"What .... who said you where going to mess this up?" Curiosity in her voice
"Nobody 'said' it's what people do staring at me yesterday and now I can't look at her I'm not a fuck up anymore.... or do you think I am" I ask her
"No,never.Hardin your her dad I'm not stopping you .... we are both new to this I'm just trying to figure this out.i trust you .... I'm sorry I love you" she leans up and kisses me
"Go .... I'm sorry for trying to stop you that was wrong."
"Thank you and No I overreacted .... I love you" with that I take two steps at a time and reach our bedroom door gently opening it.

Tessa:
That was our first 'fight' in ages he hasn't said anything like that in a while or about this before . I feel guilty for trying to stop him .... why did I even want to when I know just what he's feeling I want to protect her and watch her every minute. 'Sometimes Tessa' I internally roll my eyes.
"Sorry you had to see that ....you probably think I'm really bossy." I tell trish
"No my love ... you and Hardin have been through so much this is small. Your going to disagree over parenting styles"
"Yeah ....your right" I need to make this up to Hardin I know it looks small this 'disagreement' but it's been so long since we have had one like this and I don't like this feeling of guilt.
Just then crying sounds from upstairs.

Hardin:
I peer in and see her peacefully sleeping wrapped in her white blanket her pink polka dot pj peeking from the top of the blanket. Her tiny soft lips in a perfect line ,her nose crinkled up, and her small eyelids with her thick lashes are gently closed.
Perfection... one of the many words to describe her. She's the perfect mix of me and tess ... she thinks she looks more like me though.
I feel silly for making such a fuss about coming upstairs but I want to saver these moments before everything changes and she's a grown adult getting married.... trust me that will not be for a long time.
Her forehead creases and I go to soothe it out ...I reach down and lightly touch my index finger to her forehead she moves and muffled a bit before letting out a cry.... no no no what have I done tess was right I should of just left it .... why Hardin why.
A knock at the bedroom door goes "Hardin" Tess voice sounds from the other side before opening it.
I've done it.....I've failed.....before it even really begins.
"Oh hello munchkin" Tess leans down and picks her up.
I sit on the edge of the bed with my head it my hands
"Hardin.... look at me..what's wrong."
"You were right ... I shouldn't of come up here ... I woke her up she needs her sleep."
"Don't be so hard on yourself.... look she needs a feed" i look up and her little mouth has turned into a moving pout. Tessa sits down next to me pulling my shirt up. And letting emery feed her she stops crying now.
"But it was still me that woke her" I say still annoyed with myself.
"Hey ....stop she is hungry look at her" she turns my head and gently laughs.
"You see she didn't wake up because of you ... stop doubting yourself your doing great." She kisses me .... god I love her so much.
"I love you" I tell her after we break our kiss .. every time I say it it feels just as perfect as the first.
"We are new to this ... we are going to disagree and have different ways..how about I pump milk and tonight you do the feeding."
"I would love to... you need proper rest."
"We both do." She suggests.

—///////////////////-
Authors - IMPORTANT ONE 😌
Hey everyone thank you so much for 16k it's incredible I never expected this .... sorry this chapter is not my best had a writers block 😭 hope you enjoyed it anyway. Updates on weekends from now on .... I SEE AWC TOMORROW 🎉🎉😱😱AND IM LITERALLY BUZZING (can you hear me scream gonna be freaking out in cinema 😂😱)HEAD OVER TO SOCIALS IF YOU WANT TO SEE MY THOUGHTS AFTER I WATCH IT
TWITTER: @hessafangirl1
INSTAGRAM: @josephine_hero_afternators
THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SPOILER WARNINGS ON TOPICS I TALK ABOUT AND MY THOUGHTS ON THE FILM ..... no pressure tho hope everyone else's seeing it enjoys it .... how are you all feeling 😱😱😭😭🙏🙏🙏🇬🇧🇬🇧 goodnight sending lots of love to you all Xxxxx enjoy tomorrow talk soon (so surreal to be actually watching it !!!!!😱🎉😱) Xxxx