CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

Tessa PoV
"We should talk" Hardin says instantly
Oh boy , I can't loose Hardin he's my life ... after absolutely everything we've been through how could there still be more challenges I just don't get it. Haven't we been through enough ... don't we deserve to be together.
"Your right" I breathe out holding back the breaking of my voice
"But can I go first?" I ask
"Sure" I hate this plain and awkward tension between us.
"Hardin..I'm so sorry I didn't mean to blame you or make you think I believed you would leave us. It just all sounded so perfect for you that I didn't want to be the one to stop you, but in all that I didn't want to loose 'Tessa and Hardin' ....I didn't and don't want to loose us" tears prick and sting at my eyes while Hardin gently steps towards me lifting my chin to meet his eyes

"Tess, baby, you will never loose me. I know our past was a mess but it's also what makes us. We are parents together Tessa, nothing would ever come between that , nothing ever did and nothing ever will stop our love"
And just like that the man who melts and owns my heart peaked back through the black clothing items I love.
When your heart races like this there's no denying it's love. Emotional, raw,passionate,painful,overwhelming love.
It builds over time, all the butterflies in your stomach may seem like they've disappeared momentarily but that's all until you see them their features you loved, there strength and courage. Just . Them.

"Hardin, I love you. So much" I say through broken sobs. The heat and love just overpowering every loving fibre of my body down to my bones.

"Tess... it's you and emery nobody else." He wipes my tears with his thumb.
"I love you Tessa" he moves closer his mouth just inches and seconds away from mine. Our lips crash like it's the first time "forever" he whispers against my lips making me smile , fireworks and passion spread throughout. His lips are cold and parted making a refreshing mix, his tongue doesn't miss the chance to find its way to meet mine. I pull his jacket off his shoulders and he takes his hands under the back of my shirt.
I push him lightly onto the couch and straddle his lap my legs either side of his ripped black jeans still remaining on for the time being. He's letting me take the control and I love it . I move back in to kiss him again feeling the ache of missing his lips.
He stops inches away and snarky remarks "I had to wait 6 weeks did I? The calendar says it's only been 2 and 1/2" I sharply intake my breath and play him at his own game.
I halt completely, "I guess your right mr Scott, I have other options anyway, I will see you in 6 weeks." I frown and pout getting off his lap.
Immediately I feel his hand grab my wrist quickly spinning me around.
"What happened to Mrs innocent Tessa"
"She's back now" I smirk
"Oh really." He leans in again and my heartbeat changes dramatically. As our lips are about to touch once more sparking our flames we both stop when we hear our baby girl crying out.
"It's like she can sense when we are kissing." Hardin comments and we both laugh.
"We're definitely patents now." I comment back as he goes off to get her from our room I had placed her in when I got in from well... the argument.
There is a question nagging in my mind though.
Hardin brings emery into the living room where I've cleared the jacket off the floor and the pillows back on the couch, smiling to myself at the short passion we will later continue.
I can tell Emery needs a feed so I start to breastfeed her. Noticing Hardin looking I decide that it's the best time to ask him.
"Hardin" I cough out my mouth suddenly dry, he removes his eyes from my breast slowly and meets my eyes.
"Yeah what's up."
"Umm..." I scratch the back of my neck.
"How much would the job have paid" I spit out quickly.
He stares up at me suddenly looking concerned or confused maybe.. I can't tell.
"Tessa the number doesn't change anything .... but..." he stops
"But what ."
"They are offering 25 million with only 10% commissions." He informs me
My eyes nearly pop. Oh dear.... I know exactly what I need to do now.

Authors note......
Sorry it was so short I tried really hard on this though .. let me know your opinions !!
Thank you all for waiting I hope you enjoyed this tehe ... there was a bit of everything trying to make it spicy and heartfelt and dramatic... oof what a lot 😱
I hope you are all okay sending love 🥺😱💞Xxx
Next update will be sooner and longer I promise 😍💞😍Xxxx