Chapter 12

A/N: Things are gonna happen in this chapter peeps! Big things, things that will either make you very happy or very sad, or both. Trigger alert at the end, and I will make sure you guys know exactly where it is. Get ready and enjoy!

     Vah Naboris towered regally in the Gerudo Desert. 

     Link received a summons from Urbosa, the Champion of the Sands, to meet her in the Divine Beast. Since he didn't know much about Urbosa, he wasn't sure what to expect.

     Night had truly fallen when Link arrived at the Divine Beast. The Gerudo Desert looked so peaceful... hardly a wind stirred the desert. Urbosa herself was sitting quietly, with a smaller, blonde figure leaning on her shoulder.

     Princess Zelda? Link hadn't seen her that day. She had been with Urbosa, out in another praying trip. Honestly, Link had been secretly relieved, but seeing how she was there, racked by exhaustion and craving comfort only a mother could give, he wasn't so sure.

     Urbosa looked up from the sleeping girl towards Link walking by. 

     "Ah, well, you certainly got here fast. I should have expected as much, from the Princess's own appointed knight."

     Her voice softened as she gazed down at Zelda. "She was out on a survey all day today... still as the sands now."

     "So? Spill it, boy. Have the two of you been getting along all right?"

     Link was taken aback by her bluntness. She laughed, amusement mixed with a hint of sadness. "It's ok, I know. Your silence speaks volumes. She gets frustrated every time she sees you carrying that Sword on your back. It makes her feel like a failure when it comes to her own destiny. Don't worry," she added quickly, "it's not like you carry blame in any of this."

     "It's unfortunate." Urbosa's voice was like a sigh, lamenting the suffering Zelda had gone through. "She's put in more than enough time. Ever since she was a young girl, she's gone through rigorous daily routines to show her dedication.... she once passed out in the freezing waters trying to access this 'sealing power'."

     "And she had nothing to show for it."

     "That's the motivation driving her research. I'd be doing the same thing. She really is quite..." Urbosa reached out and tucked in a strand of Zelda's golden locks behind her ear. "Special. You be sure to protect her with your life. It's quite the honour." Urbosa smiled at Link.

     Finally. 

     Finally he was close to an understanding to the Princess. 

     He had never suspected that she was jealous of him. How could she be? She had everything. She was royal, for Hylia's sake! He was just a common class boy who just so happened to have a fancy sword. 

     But the more he thought about it, the more it made sense. Zelda had no idea of the fate of his family. She had no idea of the sweat and blood and tears behind his glorious title of Hero. She had no idea of the people that resented him for taking this "honour". To her, he was talented from the very beginning, without any need of work. This fate was his birthright, apparently. Combined with the jealousy that she was getting nowhere with her own fate, could he really blame her for letting loose on him?

     "The night brings a chill... It's probably time we take her in." Urbosa seemed to sense some kind of subtle change in Link, and was satisfied that she had made a difference. But she didn't know how much of a difference that she actually made.

     "Or..." A mischievous smirk started dancing around her lips.

     Snap! 

     A bolt of lightning struck the Desert, causing the ground to rumble and probably waking up not only Zelda, but everyone in the Kara Kara Bazaar and Gerudo Town as well. But Zelda did wake up, and she gasped in shock.