Author's Note

I... didn't know how to end this story.

     It's just so abrupt. Jarring. Like a note strung wrong in a flowing symphony. Like I had once said to my friend: "Sudden and violent."

     The last chapter was awkwardly long, but it still felt incomplete. Besides, how do you cut something written entirely from the heart?

     I feel like I owe you guys an explanation. I write this huge, 55 part story all about Zelink and I make them go their separate ways? Why?

     Anybody could do a pink, frothy, bubbly ride-off-into-the-sunset, and-they-lived-happily-ever-after ending. It would seem complete. Finished. And all of you would leave this story satisfied. So why did I go to the trouble to break it off here?

     This is realistic. I wrote this ending like it would have happened. Link without most of his memories with Zelda, struggling with his mental health, waking up screaming. Zelda unable to recognize the man she had been dreaming of, relying on, since 100 years ago, her hopes shattered, her grief and guilt so great that it would go on to affect her for decades and decades, hurt so badly that she would never be able to love fully again.

     This doesn't feel right. It's certainly different from every other Zelink book I have ever read here on Wattpad. However, this is the way I want to end this story. 

     There will be no follow-up. No sequel. Because sometimes, it's best to leave a broken story... broken.

     And... I think that's about it.

     Thank you so much. Thank you for making it all the way towards the end, through my lopsided, inexperienced, naïve writing. Just by being here, reading these words, you have shown a young writer that her story was worth telling. Every single comment is cherished. Every single vote makes my entire week. 

     And so it ends. Even if the ending was not what you were wishing for, what you were expecting. So it ends. I hope you liked this story, enjoyed it as much as I had enjoyed writing it, watching it become something big, something worth 55 parts.

     This is me, signing off, for the final time.

     Peace!

-135795e