twenty-five

yoongi felt like the whole world was against him, he couldn't talk about minji or even take her anywhere without someone asking "where's the other parent?" it was shaming that donghyun had left him, it had to be his fault. he hated himself so much for that.

since minji needed a family picture, they were at the pharmacy waiting for it to finish printing "the picture you printed is so cute, is that your daughter?" the employee asked, yoongi nodded with a smile "where's the other parent?" she chuckled, the boys smile fell "he umm...he's in a another country" he lied, minji was too busy looking around to know what yoongi was talking about.

"i'm sorry to hear that, here are your pictures! have a great day" she smiled, giving them to yoongi in an envelope "thank you"

-

"you're going to take these to your teacher tomorrow morning, got it?" yoongi asked, minji nodded so the oldest put the envelope in minji's binder.

yoongi was nervous to send minji with that picture, what would she think when she saw other kids families and realize they weren't the same?

-

"does everyone have their family pictures?" namjoon asked with a smile, all the kids nodded, some were off task, talking to others. minji couldn't really focus, her mind was wondering off.

namjoon smiled as he saw students show their families, he loved his job, he loved seeing little kids so happy and making friends. the only bad thing about being a teaching was the ocassional fights between children.

it was minji's turn to show her family picture, she stood up front, namjoon next to her.

"this is me, and this is my appa" she said with a smile, pointing at herself and then yoongi "where is your eomma?" a girl asked, minji showed a confused expression, making namjoon panic.

'NAMJOON YOU HAD ONE JOB' was all he could think, how could he fail to remember that minji's dad was single and cute?

"go ahead and sit down, minji" namjoon said, a nervous chuckle leaving his lips "no! wanna say more about my appa!" she frowned, namjoon gulped "you can tell me later at recess" he said, minji shook her head, she was pretty stubborn "this is my appa and he plays games with me a lot, a-and he's very kind" she smiled, a girl looked at her "you ignored my question, where is your eomma? see? like my picture" she said, pointing at the woman in her picture.

"i don't think i have one" she said, making the girl gasp, "sit down, how about the next person goes?" namjoon said, minji looked at her picture with yoongi and then at the other girl's picture. why were they different?

she would definitely ask yoongi when she got in the car.

-

"please remember to tell your parents to check your folder. remember that tomorrow is drug free day so we will wear red" namjoon said before dismissing his students, usually older kids had a whole weeks but younger students only had a day since they didn't want to overwhelm them.

-

"appa, why don't i have an eomma?"

that was a question yoongi was never prepared to answer and probably would never be prepared to answer, he didn't know what to say or what to do now.