eighty

namjoon had been delaying his proposal for so long.

he decided it was time for him to do this. he rented out what he needed to rent out and was not going to delay it anymore.

he took off his shoes when he came back from work. he huffed and put his bags down.

he saw his soon to be fiance on the couch with a frown as he watched a children's show with minjun.

"yoongi-ah, what's wrong?" namjoon asked, "went to the doctor's office with minjun today because of his delays. they did confirm he was delayed. a bit physically and more of vocal delay" he mumbled as he stared at minjun who was playing with some noisy toy.

"they referred us to some sort of office thing. i don't really want to go, i'm terrified" he mumbled, playing with one of minjun's toy cars.

"i understand your frustrations. i'm sure he'll get better. i'll go to these visits if you don't want to" namjoon said, "thank you" he said.

"what did they recommend you do for now?" he asked, "get him moving, encourage we mouth sounds, read and watch these sort of shows. i've been watching these shows for 3 hours, it's engraved in my head"

namjoon looked at his boyfriend's face which clearly looked tired of this little kid's show, "go take a break from it. go shower or something.. we'll go on a date to get your mind off things"

yoongi nodded, "thank you joonie.. i'll get dressed since i showered earlier today but you shower so you can feel clean after working with so many kids"

namjoon chuckled and nodded.

"look, you gotta kick the ball" yoongi cooed at his little boy.  he set a small ball on the floor and kicked it to demonstrate.

"go, your turn" yoongi said, minjun attempted to but he wasn't really successful like yoongi had wished.

"try again" yoongi said, "drink water" minjun said in choppy words, "oh my baby!" yoongi cried. for any other parent, it was a regular thing but it was rare for minjun to speak any words in general.

"i'll give you some water, follow me" he spoke, minjun walked behind him which left yoomgi in awe.

he poured the boy some water in a sippy cup, "say thank you" yoongi said, highlighting the sounds he made.

minjun only stared at him, "say thank you appa" yoongi tried, "mm.." he gurgled, "thank you" yoongi tried again, hopeful eyes staring at his 2 year old.

he sighed, seeing namjoon was out the shower and ready to go with minji who had a book in hand, "why'd you have to be a book nerd like namjoon?" yoongi groaned, "reading is fun. it's really interesting, especially when you find a book you like!" she explained, "too bad, i don't like any books" he joked, "you're a nerd min, did you know that?"

"joonie said that's not a bad thing" minji said, "it's not" yoongi chuckled as he grabbed minjun and soem things for him.

6pm, the sky was getting dark.

minji was having fun with the sand and making castles while minjun held it in his hands.

namjoon and yoongi talked. just about... whatever they wanted. there wasn't a specific thing.

"jungkook's going to go into labor soon. he's 5 days overdue, poor guy" yoongi laughed, "his pregnancy has been treating seokjin like shit! seokjin called me the other day at like 2am and asked me where he could find hot cheetos and strawberry yogurt. he sounded extremely tired and apparently jungkook woke him up crying for that" namjoon laughed, yoongi shook his head.