thirty-one

"got to see appa yesterday!" minji told namjoon during recess, namjoon smiled widely, "really? did he go home yesterday?" namjoon asked as he cut up some paper, minji shook her head and frowned, "no but kookie said i can see him after school"

namjoon hummed, taking an envelope from his backpack and putting it in minji's folder. he had written a letter for yoongi, he had thought about writing yoongi a letter to let him know he was here for him.

"can you give him the envelope in your folder next time you see him?" namjoon asked, minji nodded, "mhm! i'm so happy i get to see my appa" the small girl smiled, "i bet you are, i'm so happy"

-

"this envelope minji, who gave you this?" jungkook said when he noticed minji was carrying an envelope on their way to the hospital.

"mr.kim told me i should give it to appa" minji said, jungkook hummed and nodded, he didn't think much of it since mr.kim was minji's teacher.

-

"hey yoon, how's it going?" jungkook asked, minji was jumping up and down because she was so happy, "i'm doing fine" he lied, he either felt numb or was crying a shit ton, no in between.

"good to know" jungkook smiled, he placed minji on the bed yoongi was laying on, "hi appa" she giggled, yoongi felt his heart pang, he loved minji so much.

"hi minji, how was school?" he asked, giving her a hug, "mm good! mr.kim said to give you this" she said, handing yoongi the envelope namjoon had given her.

he raised a brow but opened it, what else was he supposed to do?

-

hello yoongi,

minji told me you were in the hospital, i believe for your mental health since she mentioned someone named 'jinnie' was talking about depression and mental help. whatever happened, i hope you're doing well, i'm here for you! minji is an amazing student but has been lacking these days since she misses your fatherly presence.

but do not worry, she recently got to see you and feels better knowing that she can see you (what i understood from what she told me) just stay healthy and well :)

you are loved,

kim namjoon (mr.kim)

-

yoongi tried his best not cry in front of jungkook and minji, namjoon was the sweetest person ever, why did he care for yoongi if he barely knew him?

"everything alright yoongi?" jungkook asked, yoongi nodded, "y-yeah, where is seokjin? he said he'd come" yoongi said, trying his best not to cry.

"seokjin..he's not doing well if that makes sense, he's getting by though, he feels quote on quote, bleh" jungkook explained, seokjin wasn't really doing well but often hid it from jungkook and everyone in general.

"oh" yoongi said, he couldn't hold back his tears and began sobbing, everything hurt mentally and physically, what now? it was the only thing he could ask himself.

"hey yoongi, deep breaths" jungkook said but yoongi only continued crying, he couldn't stop, it was the only thing he could do.