thirty-nine

yoongi woke up and sighed, seokjin had taken minji to school since yoongi still felt like he needed time to himself.

he wanted to be productive and be useful for once so he got up, putting on his slippers and began walking around the house to see what he could do.

"yoongi? what are you doing?" seokjin asked, rubbing his eyes because he had just woken up, "looking for something to do" yoongi mumbled, grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl and taking a bite out of it.

"one, ew, wash your fruit. two, give me more context before i have a heart attack and die" seokjin scoffed, yoongi chuckled, "just..i wanna feel useful so i wanna do something around the house" yoongi explained, seokjin ruffled the boy's hair.

"you're useful and important even if you're not doing anything around the house. but, if you really want to do something, read a book or something, i think minji left toys in the bathroom the other day" seokjin said, yoongi hummed and nodded.

yoongi walked to the bathroom, turning on the light and looking at the mess of toys in the bathtub. a long sigh left his lips, "to work i guess"

-

a sense of relief washed over yoongi when he finished cleaning. he felt accomplished and proud of himself. he felt like a good person.

he smiled and headed back to his room, flopping on to his bed. he felt genuinely okay for the first time in a while.

-

seokjin

wanna go to the store?

yoongi

??

why r u texting me?

we live together atm?

seokjin

oh yeah

well u kinda gotta go bc i can't leave u alone

yoongi

i wanna stay home please

seokjin

you can't

yoongi

hyung pls don't ruin this small moment of accomplishment im feeling

seokjin

yoongi :(

i understand but ur fridge is almost empty

yoongi

lol

anyways

no

gn

seokjin

YOONGI

COME BACK

WHY IS UR DOOR LOCKED

yoongi

oops sorry

ok unlocked now