♡12♡

coming to terms with the fact you have feelings for someone is never easy.

especially when you know they don't or wouldn't feel the same back.

almost like you're setting yourself up for failure yet you still choose to hold onto the butterflys in your stomach as they walk by.

you choose to sit back and watch them. sometimes they even find someone else.

dumb, right?

fear of rejection can especially fuck you up.

maybe more than the actual rejection.

so why was i spitting nonsense to my childhood bestfriend about a boy?

"you totally like him. fate said so" the purplette implied.

"that's not how fate works jackass. why are you all down to earth all of a sudden?" i asked, staring at the ground as we slowly walked through my neighborhood.

"i totally found myself. even if i wasn't meant to be a gang leader, i have other opportunities." he proudly states.

"yeah, you and that little blue haired twink of yours-"

"hey, who's car is that?" he cut me off as we were standing in front of my house, stopping and pointing at the beat up car.

"not sure, maybe moms friend. or a boyfriend?" i questioned.

as we approached the door, a sudden crash like sound was heard.

"what the hell..." i mumbled and immediately burst through the door.

standing in front of me, was my mother with a now broken glass of water on the floor. she looked extremely surprised.

"dad?" i squeaked out as my voice went silent.

"y/n! you're home early?" my mom stuttered out as we all stood awkwardly away from eachother.

my mouth fell open for a few moments before working up the courage to speak.

"w-why are you here?" i muttered, staring at the man in front of me who i haden't seen for years.

"hey n/n, i missed you so much!" he opened his arms, preparing for a hug as i flinched and took a step back, aren and i's shoulders now touching in an uncomfortable way.

"mom?" i looked at her, hoping for an explanation.

"i'm moving here!" he proudly stated.

"what!" i yelled.

"d-dad you have a whole family in california, y-you can't do that-" i held back frustrated tears.

"oh no it's not like that! me and the kids are all here. so we can all be together!" he spoke and gently smiled.

'if this bitch falls for this again i'm gonna freak'

"mom, you're okay with this?" i peered at her, hoping for some type of comfort.

"there's not a lot i can do, it was his decision."

"what? mom he left us! he straight up had a whole other family- why-"

"y/n i think we should go" aren whispered as he put a hand on my tensed shoulder.

"please don't be mad at your dad, he just want's to be with you again." my mom quietly said.

"you're joking!" i yelled as i began to get pulled out my the wrist by my bestfriend.

"y/n please think about it, i wanna be a fami-" i cut my dad off.