♡ 20 ♡

a bit of a shorter chapter but pure fluff ahead

the group of teenagers stood in awe as they stared at a beaten up kusuo.

"are you ok?"

"what's your relationship with y/n?"

"why are there two saikis?"

"why is aiura here?"

questions were shooting out of their mouths too fast for me to answer anything.

"saiki? tell us whats happening! why is there two of you?" kaidou exclaimed as he pointed to the disguised kusuo and the real kusuo.

"y/n?" aren looked at me.

"hi"

"that's not what-"

"babe, am i going crazy?" kaidou asked his boyfriend.

"no, you're just stupid" he replied.

kusuo lifted himself off the ground, lightly squeezing my hand in a reassuring away before walking up to the group. aiura helped me to my feet as we watched.

"why were you holding the ground like that?" mera asked.

"how did you guys even get here?" i asked, mainly glaring at reita.

they lightly explained that saiko was in his helicopter and saw us.

"crap..." i mumbled, looking at kusuo and hoping for some sort of way out of this.

reita strutted up to kusuo and put his arm around him.

"we're twins!" he spoke.

"oh jeez." i face palmed.

a few stray clones were behind us and walked up to the group.

"hey we're gonna head out now, hey wanna get some drinks?" they conversed to eachother as the rest stared in awe.

"we're.... sextuplets?"

"cut the crap, tell us what's going on!" aren asked, slightly aggrivated.

"i think you have to tell them" the fortune teller spoke.

"no" he said before turning to walk away.

"c'mon tell us!" the group continued to pressure him until nendou spoke up.

"hey, it's ok" everyone went quiet.

"we're your friends. even if i might be the 'stupid one', i know that saiki will tell us when he's ready. because that's what best buds are about" rikki said as everyone went silent.

"...."

"he's right" everyone agreed as i let out a sigh of relief.

a few apologies later, i headed back to the hotel with kusuo to get him cleaned up as he agreed to speak to me.

sitting him down on the couch, i ran to the large bathroom and grabbed a few towels, a water bottle, and a first aid kit.

"you know i don't need this stuff" he complained.

i sat next to him, turning so we faced eachother.

"i know. just let me help in some way." i sadly spoke.

i wet a part of the towel and brought it up to his dirtied face.

"what are you so bummed about?" he questioned.

"i'm not bummed! you made it out okay. i just... wish i could have done more" i softly said as he listened.

"there's nothing else you could've done, idiot" he lightly flicked my head and i laughed slightly.

"so can you tell me about you, like, what are you?" i peered, continuing my cleaning.

"psychic" he simply stated.

"what does that even mean?" i chuckled a bit.

"it's a lot to explain"

i nodded as i wiped off the last bit of grime from his face.

"that's alright. i'm confused, but you can tell me once your ready. i just have a question, well a few." i sat up as i prepared myself for emberassment.

he nodded.

"can you read minds?" i asked, biting the inside of my cheek.

he nodded.

"shit..." i mentally freaked out.

"only sometimes" he held up his hand which held his ring in it.

i gave a confused look.

"it prevents me from reading minds"

it clicked. that's why he always wears it, i've only ever seen him without it in a few times.

"why did you tell me?"

"what?" he raised an eyebrow.

"i mean, why do you trust me with this huge secret. i didn't think you liked me that much" i continued.

"i don't"

"ouch" i jokingly placed a hand over my heart.

it was silent for a few seconds before he spoke again.

"i told you because you're different" he simply stated.

"how so?" i leaned my head against the couch.

he shrugged.

"let's just relax..." he softly said as he closed his eyes.

"i'll let you be" i quietly said, but before i could fully stand up, i was brought back down and pulled into a warm embrace.

"if you tell anyone i will erase your memory" he threatened.

his legs took purchase on the coffee table as one arm was placed around my waist, the other rested on the head of the couch. my head resided on his chest and my arm around his own waist.

his free hand pat my head slowly before speaking again.

"they're coming back up" he groaned.

placing my hands on his chest to stand up, i looked at him for a moment before smiling.

"rest. i'll get them out of here."

i stood and met the door handle before turning it.

"thank you"

his thanks could barely be heard, but it was enough to flush my face. i turned the handle after giving another smile and distracting the group to go adventure elsewhere in the town.

i didn't even realize what i had gotten myself into. in truth, it only just began.