♡ 22 ♡

he never showed up.

i sat on a lonley bench, straying away from the passing families, awaiting the boy's arrival to the exquisite graduation.

the warm summer breeze causing the fabric of my clothes to shift slightly.

i felt insanley stupid.

was it on purpose?

before i knew it, the bells rang, signalling the ceremony coming to a start.

sighing, i picked myself back up and made my way over.

~~

"oh my little girl! i'm going to miss you so much!" the blonde sobbed while holding onto haruhi.

"your father is literally the headmaster... you visit everyday." the twins spoke as i chuckled at his foolishness.

my eyes met with glass covered ones, but not the ones i hoped to see tonight.

the tall figure approached me, i almost felt small.

"thank you for coming, y/n, it means a lot to the whole club." he lightly smiled.

"thanks for letting me come, i'll miss all the chaos though." i flashed a smile before scanning my eyes across the courtyard, hoping to find the sweet purple ones i'd been searching for.

"is something on your mind?" kyoya spoke in concern.

i shook my head.

"how about i take you somewhere?" he offered

in my head, i knew what was coming but i let myself go anyways.

~~

"it's beautiful here, thank you for showing me." i looked in awe as the sun set and the loose cherry blossoms fell from above trees.

we were surrounded by spectacular flowers and fountains.

"the scenery is not the only reason i brought you here.." the boy spoke as i turned to face him.

"wha-"

"please, let me do the talking" he cleared his throat.

"y/n, since the moment i met you you have been nothing but kind and generous. i have been meaning to tell you for some time that, i've fallen in love with you within the short time we have known eachother." he confessed.

my stomach dropped.

i should feel good that someone like kyoya would like me right? but why does it feel so incredibly wrong.

the concern on his face showed he already knew what i was about to say.

"y/n-"

"no, please let me speak." i sighed, looking down.

"you are hands down one of the best people i've ever encountered and anyone would be incredibly lucky to have you."

i looked up at him with nervous eyes.

"i'm in love with kusuo, i have been for a while. even if he is so fucking strange at times and randomly disappears, he's grown on me. i'm so sorry kyoya." i held in the urdge to sob as i watched his reaction carefully.

he sadly smiled.

"that's alright, y/n. i realized a while ago you loved another, i just had to get it off of my chest before i go." he genuinly spoke, taking my hand in his and lightly pecking it.

"go get kusuo, i wish you all the happiness this world has to offer."

and with that, he simply smiled and walked away, bidding goodbye.