♡ 23 ♡

as the graduation ceremony approached, the nerves came fast and heavy.

i wasn't sure i was ready to be in the real world. maybe no one is.

i had absolutely no plan after high school yet. maybe i'd go to college or maybe i'd stay and live at my moms house forever.

the one thing i did know is that i was content with where i was. i had incredible friends and a cute boy to go with it.

the one thing i didn't expect on graduation night though, was seeing my father in the stands. he had a look on his face that didn't say he was forced to be there, but that he cared.

i smiled lightly to myself, though i'd never show it. it was a surprise.

(a/n: i have not written on this since 2021 so if the writing style changes do not be alarmed but i just wanted to finish this!! don't wanna leave y'all hanging!!)

taking my diploma with a smile, a sigh falling from my lips as the weight from high school had been lifted off my shoulders. it was finally over.

we stood in an oversized stadium, kids scattered all around with their freshly graduated peers.

a part of me was sad, memories flooding my head from the past few years. my head perks up when i hear my name being called.

"WE FUCKING DID IT!" our blue hair friend yelled, making a bunch of parents and adults look at him like he was crazy. usually i'd be embarrassed, but in the moment i didn't mind. i was surrounded by people i love and cherish. 

i couldn't help but feel my heart squeeze when i saw kusuo with our friends.

(he was so happy he didn't have to be around these people anymore. but he thought you weren't so bad)

"got any plans now that we're finally free?" aran asks, his arm intertwined with kaidou's.

i shrug

"taking a gap year to figure stuff out, maybe spend some more time with my parents." i try to ignore the weird looks i got mentioning 'parents'.

"anyways..." kaidou changes the subject back to what everyone's plans.

nendou's mom enrolled him in a nearby college, he was going into culinary which is the cutest thing ever.

kaidou's moving to another city to study communications at a university (no fucking clue how he even got in with his awful grades)

"how did you even get in?" i ask

"i wrote a killer essay" kaidou shrugs

"sure you did, buddy." nendou puts a hand on his shoulder, immediently shrugging him off with a scowl. 

aren got a job in the same city as kaidou, training as a kid's boxing instructor. how fitting.

kusuo decided to further his education at a college he made sure no one else at his school applied to, studying in economics.

(a/n: i think that part was in the manga idk i saw it on reddit don't quote me)

it made me a little sad knowing my friends were moving on, still feeling stuck. 

"hey" my train of thought was cut off by saiki. i look up at the man, tilting my head. 

"don't worry about it. you'll figure it out eventually."

he leans in very close to add a quick,

"i'll help you" he says, squeezing my hand a little, making my heart flutter a bit at his small gesture. i smile, a sign of thanks.