♡ 07 ♡

the night was chilly, not anything too bad but there was a comforting breeze that swayed through the trees.

i lay staring blankly at the tent's top. from what i knew, everyone else was asleep. my mind wandered to all diffrent kinds of areas.

i heard a sudden russtle outside near the bushes. it didn't concern me at first, so i let it go not thinking anything bad of it.

i slowly tried closing my eyes unil i heard the shuffle again. a few of the girls stirred awake from the constant noise.

"what's that?" chiyo lazily asked mid yawn. m

she sat up and grabbed the flashlight we had next to us incase we needed it.

"hu- AH" teruhashi woke up and screamed mid sentence as our tent began to unzip.

my eyes widened for a quick second before kaidou quickly walked in.

"you guys hear that too?" he asked nervously. 

"yeah, wait why are you in here?" i asked the boy.

"i-i was just wondering if you guys y-you know needed protection or anything. i'm afraid dark reunion could have found us since i was pushed into the water earlier." he stated.

i stared dumbfounded.

'he's so weird'

"it's probably just one of the guys or a squirl or something." i replied, eyes slowly drooping as i got more exausted.

"no! everyones in the tent still and it doesn't seem like a squirl." he stared at me

"w-what! what if we get eaten by a bear! or worse!" chiyo whisper screamed.

i rolled my eyes, just wanting to sleep and crawled to leave the tent.

"y/n what are you doing?" the blue haired girl asked.

"i want to sleep so i'm going to the other tent" i blankly stated.

"y/n the boys are there. nendous there!" kaidou added.

"i'll just get fresh air then. you better not be screaming when i get back." i scolded, walking out as the sudden cool breeze caused me to get goosebumps.

i looked around, just incase there was some sort of monster out to kill us, but all i found was a pink haired boy laying on a nearby rock.

the corners of my mouth twitched upwards into a small smile as i walked over to him.

"boo!" i yelled, attempting to scare him. he blankey looked up at me.

"you're no fun!" i pouted, going to take a seat next to him.

"what are you doing?" he asked in a bitter way.

i laughed at his tone and continuted to look up at the sky.

"i couldn't sleep with everyone thinking we were gonna get killed in the middle of the night." i replied.

we sat in silence for a few moments, just staring up at the stars.

"i think we've met before" i told him.

"obviously, we go to the same school." he responded.

i chuckled at his mean demeanor and turned to face him, using my arm to support my head.

"i meant that when i first came here, aren wasn't my first friend. i met a group of kids who treated me like i was some alien since i wasn't from here,"

he looked back to me and thought for a moment.

"you call me an alien all the time" he said.

"obviously you're not an alien," i rolled my eyes

"but don't tell anyone i said that." i continued.

"anyways, i remember the first time i saw it snow was here. it was around christmas time and it was the first snowfall of the season. i was eating ice cream, even though it was cold and i dropped it suddenly. i was sad because i was really looking forward to eating it, but before i could react, a boy with pink hair, green glasses and a bored look on his face handed me his." i explained, a small smile on my face.

"that wasn't me." he said.

"like hell it wasn't" i bonked his head and repositioned myself to look back up at the stars.

"nope" he replied.

"liar"

"...."

"maybe it was, but it's not like i wanted the ice cream anyways, it wasn't the flavor i liked" he said.

"i think that's the most i've ever heard you talk" i laughed.

"whatever"

another wave of silence came over us.

"teruhashi really likes you you know." i informed him.

"i'm aware" he responded back to me.

"well saiki kusuo, i think you should go for it, she is the perfect girl after all" i said, standing up and dusting myself off.

"not intrested" he looked at me

"whatever you say alien boy" i began to walk off before he spoke again.

"stay" he monotonously said to me.

i stood still for a few seconds, trying to process what he asked me to do.

"you're not as annoying as everyone else," he continued.

i turned back around to face him, he was sitting up now.
he was wearing dark joggers and a sweater which i haden't noticed before.

i smiled.

"sure" i said.

walking back over to the four-eyed boy we both lay on the weirdly comfortable rock. the breeze was still there, but next to saiki the coldness seemed to fade away into a comforting warmth.

"hey, did you hear that shuffling earlier?" i suddently asked.

"that was mera eating a bunch of stolen snacks." he replied.

"THOSE WERE MINE!"

——
—-

-

—-
——

THANK U SM FOR ALL THE READS AND VOTES!! seriously nothing makes me happier than seeing people enjoy what i write. have a good day loves and thank you again :) <33