16

Walking, I can feel the breeze in my hair and the flowers beneath my fingertips. The air smells like vanilla and peppermint, my favorite. I walk through a field, seeing a small cottage in the distance, making my way I arrive and open the big doors. "Hello?" I hear nothing and continue, hearing birds singing around me, I walk into a small kitchenette with the cupboards painted dark green. My campfire color.

I look in the cupboards seeing their filled with beautiful vintage China. I take a small cup out and reach for the ready tea on the stove, filling it and taking a sip. Chamomile, my favorite tea.

I hear footsteps behind me and turn around, now in a light yellow sundress with my hair wavey, face to face with a beautiful man, with long curly brown locks and kind eyes.

"Spencer." I smile and reach out to him, embracing him with a hug, "Hello Fiona."

I pull back and smile, taking him in. His smile is so big that his eyes squint with small folds in the corners, his cheekbones prominent as always, his smile making the room a bit brighter.

He's wearing a light purple sweater, jeans and converse, "You look nice, like this. You never let loose, always in you work suits." I look into his eyes while I play with his hoodie strings, "Thank you, you look beautiful." I blush and look down at my sundress, and look back at him. "I missed you Spencer."

"I missed you too Fiona. But I'm here with you now, in this beautiful house in the middle of no where. Where we can stay, and be happy, content." He wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me close as I put mine around his neck playing with his hair.

"That would be nice, it's beautiful here. Will you stay with me?"

"Of course. But you have to decide if you want to stay here Fiona."

I smile with confusion, "Why me? Why can't you decide? I'd follow you anywhere Spencer."

He chuckles and leans down, kissing my lips with a smile. This is nice.

"What's so funny Spence?" I ask as I pull back, he kisses my forehead and pulls my head to his chest, where I can hear his heart beating.

"Because none of this is real."

I freeze, and pull back from his touch, "What?"

"You're not actually here Fiona. Neither am I."

I shake my head, "What are you talking about Spencer?"

He reaches for my hand and sighs, "You don't remember? You were taken, kidnapped, but we found you. You're in the hospital."

"What?" I laugh, "No I'm not. I'm here, with you, Spence."

He only looks at me, tucking my hair behind my ear, "You're so beautiful Fiona. But this isn't my choice, you have to decide where you want to stay."

I take a shaky breath, tears rolling down my face, "I want to stay with you Spencer."

He pulls me in for a hug, shaking his head, "I'll be with you no matter what you choose Fiona."

I take a breath and think back to what happened, the memories coming back to me. All the pain, not only from my kidnapper but the pain my family has had, the pain my ex gave me, all the trauma and terrible things I've experienced.

"It would be so much easier to stay here." I say against Spencer's chest as he plays with my hair, "Yes, it would. Is that your choice?"

I pull back sighing, and look at him. I look into his eyes and realize, that even though he may look like Spencer, this isn't him. This is all my imagination, my brain not being able to cope with death, I take a couple of deep breaths and shake my head.

"No. That's not what I choose. Even though I've gone through so much trauma, felt so much pain and loss in my life, you always make it better. Well, not you, but Spencer. Spencer Reid made me realize what it's like to be happy again, content. I don't think I could stay here knowing I willingly left him alone."

He nods and takes my arms "So you want to go back? To Spencer?"

I nod and close my eyes, "Please. Take me home."

_____

I open my eyes and see a bright white light, looking around I realize I'm in a bed. Hospital bed. Spencer, he's sitting in a chair to my left, holding my hand while sleeping. I ignore my pounding head and the pain flowing through my now awake body and clear my dry throat, "Spencer.."

His jolts awake, looking around his eyes finally meeting mine, immediately tearing up.

"Fiona...you're awake."

I nod and look at him, the moment feeling as if we were the only people in this hospital. He laughs and jumps onto my small hospital bed embracing me, "You had us so worried Fiona."

"Where were you Spence?" My voice breaking, and he pulls back both of us crying now, "I'm so sorry I didn't realize sooner that you were missing. But we found you, I would have never stopped searching for you Fiona."

"I came back for you Spencer."

"What?"

I shake my head, not being able to talk more and reach my hand out for his face, stroking his cheek as he leans into it. "I missed you."

He closes his eyes, grabbing my wrist with his hands, "I missed you too." He squeezes his hands around mine and I wince, "What happened? Did I hurt you?" His voice goes two octaves higher and I shake my head, "No, I just hurt my wrist..."

My heart drops when I see the bruises and cuts all over my arm, the memories becoming more vivid of what I went through. "Is..is there a mirror here?"

Spencer looks at me, "Yes, but maybe you-"

"Bring me it Spencer. Please."

He nods and hesitantly hands me the small compact mirror and i can feel my throat tighten when I see my face. I have a black eye, a cut on the bridge of my nose and a dark purple and blue bruise on the left side of my jaw.

"I'm hideous." I say, my voice barely audible, "No. No, no baby. You're beautiful, I've never seen anyone make bruises look as good as you do."

I feel a deep blush on my face as I take in his words.

Wait.

"What did you just call me?"

He freezes, realizing what he said, "Oh, shit Fiona I'm sorry I didn't mean to-"

I ignore him and grab the collar of his shirt, throwing the compact mirror away, and smash my lips onto his. I kiss him with passion, trying to put my words of how I feel into the kiss, and he returns the kiss even harder trying to do the same.

He holds my face in his hands at I put my hands in his hair, he runs his lip against my bottom lip asking for access which I happily oblige. His tongue and mouth devour my own when I let a small whimper, he pulls back, giving me one last small kiss, when both catch our breath.

"Wow." I can't help but exclaim, he laughs and nods. "Spencer." He looks up, "Yes?"

"You showed me what it means to be happy again."

He smiles brightly and brings my hand into his own, "I did?"

"Yes. Thank you." I pull him in one more time to push my lips against his, smiling.

We pull back and look at each other as if it was the first time.

"I'm going to get the team. They've been here since yesterday."

"Then let's not keep them waiting."

He smiles and nods, walking out of the room.

Holy shit. I just made out with Spencer Reid.