Chapter 13

Will

(hi so this chapter is sorta short and a little boring but whatever that's fine hope y'all enjoy)

Will was afraid to breathe. He didn't want to wake him. He knew Nico had been having trouble sleeping, it was impossible to not notice the purple under his eyes (even if it was kinda cute.) instead, Will recited every bone of the body to keep himself occupied. He was vaguely aware that lunch had ended 30 minutes ago but the intoxicating smell of Nico Di Angelo was keeping him distracted. He smelled like Marigolds. The faint musky sweetness lulling Will into a state of bliss.

Before he knew what he was doing one of his hands was rubbing Nicos back and the other was softly caressing his fragile face. Nico stirred and Will immediately froze, his hand on Nicos cheek. Instead of waking up, he nuzzled his button nose into Will's hand and snuggled closer to him. It occurred to Will that he would probably never get to see him like this again. So vulnerable and adorable. He decided to savor it, taking a mental picture of his angelic sleeping face.

A gust of wind made Will shiver. It occurred to him that Nico was probably cold in just a tee- shirt. He slowly and carefully took his flannel from his waist and put Nicos arms through it. He faintly smiled at the sight of the dark eyed boy wearing his clothing. It gave him a strange surge of pride he'd never felt before. Will suddenly didn't want him to take it off. Ever.

Will squeezed his eyes, pushing the thought out of his head. Yikes that sounded bad. He glanced at his watch, and sighed with disappointment. He needed to wake Nico up so he could go hang out with Percy and his friends. They had made plans to go to the food court. Will had an idea.

He slowly shook Nico awake, nudging his forehead with his nose.

"Hey sleepy, we're gonna go get something to eat." Nico stirred with a grunt.

"Huh?" Nico slowly opened his eyes, his face about 3 inches away from Will. He could see the startled panic in Nico's eyes. He knew that suffocating feeling well. Will wrapped his arms around his slender frame and held him tight.

"You're safe." he murmured into Nico's hair. He felt Nicos muscles relax and he let go, sitting up so he could cross his legs. Nico sat across from him, his hands hidden by the sleeves of Will's flannel. They stared at each other for a few minutes, neither of them saying anything. Suddenly, Will got up. He took Nicos wrist and gently pulled him up. Leading him down the ladder. Nico was silent the entire time, just letting Will gently pull him.

Will had let the smaller boy all the way to the mall before he turned around. Nico suddenly didn't look like such a scary rough kid. He sorta looked like a lost kitten. Man, Nico would look good with cat ears on. Will! Stop thinking those thoughts!

"Hey, we're gonna hang out ok? it's gonna be fun." Will said, trying to sound confident. In reality he wasn't. Like at all. He didn't know why but he was nervous. Nico looked broken and scared.

//a lil time skip//

They had chosen a spot in a secluded corner of the food court. Will texted Percy to tell him he couldn't come. Nico sat beside him staring off into space. He hadn't let go of Will's hand yet which he had to admit gave him a bit of satisfaction. He racked his brain trying to think of something that would restore Nico to his usual self.

"Hey, did you hear about that mathematician who's afraid of negative numbers?" he asked slyly. This got Nicos attention. He looked up at him with curiosity, almost like a lost puppy.

"Yeah, h'd stop at nothing just to avoid them." at first there was nothing, then a little snicker, but before long Nico was holding his stomach, he was laughing so hard. This of course got Will chuckling and before they knew it they were clutching each other's hands, tears streaming down their cheeks. Will glanced at Nico, the smaller boy looked so pretty. His pale skin was tinted pink on the top of his ears and his hair covered his eyes so only his long eyelashes were holding it at bay.

Will wished they could stay like this forever, holding hands and laughing. At that moment, Will made a promise to himself. He would make Nico happy again. He would be the light to Nicos shadow, and the Sun to his Moon. That is, if Nico wanted him to be.

(a/n is that a love confession i hear??????)