Chapter 22

Will

Will moved frantically around the room grabbing a shirt and ushering Nico out the door. They rushed downstairs and through the kitchen, trying to reach the backdoor in time.

"William? Is that you?" His mothers voice echoed from the front door. Will tensed, searching his surroundings for an exit plan. Unfortunately, there was none. Fuuuuuuck. His stepdad was going to flip. He sighed, preparing for the worst.

"Yeah Mom, It's me." He called out reluctantly. He heard his Mom and Step Dad's footsteps approaching and knew nothing could be done about what would happen next. He plastered on a fake smile and turned him and Nico around.

"Hi Mom, this is Nico, he's my friend and he has to go now! Oh no! Nico, Naiomi, Mom, Nico! Okay! Bye Nico!" He said hurriedly and ushered Nico out the door. Nico glanced back at Will looking confused, startled, and slightly hurt. It was clear Will had some serious explaining to do later on. Will closed the door and turned to his mother, who had a very perplexed look on her face. She opened her mouth to speak but then closed it again. They stood there facing each other for what seemed like a millennia. Finally, Naiomi spoke.

"Um. Okay. Well, next time I want a proper introduction so invite your friend over for dinner. And also, ask before having someone over when I'm not home." She seemed satisfied with that for now, and so Will nodded firmly and waited for Naiomi to turn around before letting out a breath of air he didn't know he'd been holding in.

Will turned around to exit the kitchen and as soon as he reached the doorway, he heard a leering voice behind him.

"Ah ah ah... Don't you think you could just leave that easily?"

Will winced, slowly turning around to face his step father. His yellowed smoke stained teeth smiling widely at him. Will internally groaned. He was so close to escaping but noooo. He braced himself, putting on a stony face and preparing to deal with the inevitable conversation that was to come.

"You honestly think I'm that dumb? I saw him wearing that hoodie of yours. The little fag was practically drowning in it." His step dad chuckled, smirking at Will.

Will was boiling on the inside, he could deal with the shitty comments toward himself but Nico? Fuck no. That's where Will drew the line. Will opened his mouth to say something but was cut off before he could even start.

"What? You gonna stand up to me? Gonna defend your little twink girlfriend? Which one of you tops anyways? It's probably you, that's fucking disgusting." His step dad got closer to Will, they were practically face to face by now and even though they were the same height it felt like he was being towered over. He had never felt so powerless in his entire life. He couldn't move or speak no matter how hard he tried.

"N- no. I-" He stumbled out, trying to say literally anything at all.

"Nuh- Nuh- Nuh-, Nothing. Shut the fuck up you piece of shit. Oh, and be a good boy and do the dishes." His stepfather said smugly as he passed him, heading upstairs to join his mother.

Will just stood there. He had never wanted to cry and hit the wall and just curl up in a ball on the floor so bad before. He didn't understand how he just stood there doing nothing. He couldn't even defend Nico, how was he supposed to be a worthy partner? He didn't deserve Nico, all the things he step father said about him were probably true, he was disgusting. Suddenly he felt extremely nauseous. He went to the nearest bathroom and puked up all of the food that Nico had so kindly made him. After that, he felt better. It has been a while since he threw up and the dopamine it sent through his veins was enough to get him into bed where he slept through the day.

A/N: Hey ya'll, sorry about the heavy chapter. I need some help though. What should we name the step dad? I couldn't think of one and just referred to him as step dad or step father throughout this chapter. I think it disrupts the flow though and starts to sound repetitive. Thoughts on a name? Or if it sounds fine to you guys maybe he doesn't need one?