Chapter 9

Nico

Nico drove to Hazel's house. He thought he was going to die from the awkwardness that filled the car as soon as Hazel got in the back seat insisting that the two boys talk in the front. Nico was gripping the steering wheel so hard his knuckles were white. He noticed that Will kept glancing at NIcos hands hands with a strange look on his face that he couldn't quite understand. Somewhere in between strong lust and deep concern. He couldn't take it anymore.

"Gods, what?!" Nico said.

"Why are you staring at my hands?" Will turned a deep scarlet and dropped his eyes to his shoes.

"I thought they were really pretty but you were gripping the wheel so tight I was worried that the circulation was being cut off" He almost whispered. Nico snorted.

"sei così strano" he muttered.

"You think my hands are pretty?" Nico said incredulously.

Will looked out the window, not answering him but NIco could see the red color on his ears. He continued to stare at Will. When Nico asked a question he wanted an answer. This was not an answer. Maybe if he made Will look him in the eyes. His eyes usually made people want to tell the truth for reasons unknown to Nico.

"Will?" Nico said calmly, glancing at the road.

"Mmm?" Will said but didn't turn around.

"Look at me. In the eyes." Will looked up into Nicos eyes and he was suddenly taken aback. Will's eyes were gorgeous. So full of light and happiness. They swirled with blues and turquoises. Nico was almost breathless. He snapped himself out of it and repeated the question, this time with eye contact.

"Do you think my hands are pretty?" Will didn't blink. He just responded,

"I think their gorgeous and it kinda tu-"

"NICO! Stop it!" Hazel squealed from the back seat.

"We do NOT coarse people! Is that understood?'' she said, giving him a disapproving look. Nico bowed his head and returned his gaze back to the steering wheel.

"Well I didn't know that would be his answer." Nico mumbled under his breath, slightly embarrassed.

When they finally reached Hazel's house everybody got out of the car as fast as possible desperate to get some fresh air. Hazel opened the trunk and got out her purse. The two boys headed to the door, backpacks in hand. Nico heard Will take a deep breath before he asked his question.

"Uhh" He cleared his throat,

"Could you maybe help me with my calculus? I have a feeling your a hell of alot better at it than I am." They finally reached the door and NIco burst out in laughter. It only lasted for half a second but it was there.

"Sure, Carino" Nico stopped in his tracks. Did he really just call him a cutie? Oh jeez, he really needed to watch what he said. Even if it was true. He had a sudden burst of fear. He said that in Italian, right? Oh gods.

"Quick question, I just said that in Italian right?" he said. trying to make it sound casual.

"So that's what language you've been speaking. I sorta thought it was spanish." His brows were furrowed in a way that made him look like a cartoon character.

He really needed to stop noticing so much about this boy.

(A/N sorry the chapter was so short and didn't have much inspiration. Vote/ Comment / Like if u want/)