Chapter 19

Trigger Warning, this chapter mentions Eating Disorders. Hope you enjoy this chapter!

Nico

Nico rested his head against his locker smiling. Why did Will have to be so adorable all the time? It was making it so hard to ignore the things Will made him feel. Nico knew those feelings weren't platonic, he just wasn't sure if they were returned and he wasn't in the business of doing things that he may fail at. Will was just so kind, he probably just pitied him, and that was why he was being so nice. Even if that was the case, at least Nico got to look at those freckles all day.

Nico heard a voice behind him.

"Jesus, you look like a puppy and a kid on Christmas had a baby with an Emo Santa." Nico looked up to see Reyna smirking at him.

"Shut up Rey, that is literally not even possible. And besides, I do not!" Reyna scoffed.

"Yeah okay, you definitely weren't just thinking about a certain blonde haired Solace."

Nico sighed, defeated. He could hide his feelings from everyone but her it seemed.

"Is it that obvious?" He asked, as they started to walk down the hall, heading towards lunch.

"No, I just know you dumbass" She responded, ruffling his hair. This got her a good yank on the long braid that lay down her back. They shoved each other back and forth as they strolled down the corridor, laughing and trading joking jabs as they went.

As they entered the lunchroom, Nico surveyed the room. When he finally saw him, a breath he hadn't known he'd been holding was released. A part of him had been afraid he scared Will off with the bracelet, even if that fear was irrational.

He turned towards Reyna. He followed her gaze, seeing she also had her eyes at their table.

"Why don't we sit over there today?" Nico asked.

Reyna made eye contact with him, giving him a serious look.

"Yes, but only on one condition. You be honest with Will. I can see how much you care for him, and that boy cares for you too. More than you think. When you got here, you were closed off, and angry. Now, you're still closed off and angry, but you also smile. Will makes you smile, and both of you deserve to be happy. So don't be an idiot, idiot." She smiled at him, squeezing his arm.

Nico sighed. Anxiety at the thought creeping in on him.

"I'll try." He said.

"Maybe not a full frontal confession, but I'm going to let him in. And let him know I care."

With that, they started walking towards the table where everyone was sitting. When they reached the table, Nico just stood there awkwardly for a moment, everyone just staring at the pair.

"Hi." Nico said, not sure what else to say. He looked at Will, who was positively beaming at him. Then, Annabeth got up from the table and wrapped Nico in a hug. She whispered in his ear.

"I'm so glad you're here."

After that, Annabeth told everyone to make some friggin 'space! Nico and Reyna sat down and the conversation began again just as quickly as it had stopped. Nico felt like he had when they were all younger. He looked around at his family, his true family. He let a smile dawn his face. He felt like he was home, and he hadn't felt that in a long time. A very long time.

He joined in on the conversation, enjoying the moment. Will and him made eye contact, smiling at each other. Nico glanced at the clock above their table, lunch was almost over. Almost time to go to the nurse's office. He looked back at Will, concern spreading over his face. Will's food wasn't touched. Will seemed to recognize his concern, but just then, the bell rang. Everyone got up, the spirits high. And dispersed, heading to their respective classes.

Nico jogged to catch up to Will, stopping him just before they got to the nurse office.

"Hey, are you okay?" Nico asked Will.

"You need to eat before you take your meds, and you didn't have anything, that's not safe."

Nico looked at Will with concern, noticing the look of panic that crossed his face. Nico touched his hand lightly.

"Hey, it's okay you can trust me, I promise, no judgment." Nico said to him reassuringly, giving his hand a gentle squeeze.

He saw Will's chest rise and fall, as it fell silent.

"Honestly, I don't know. I just can't eat. It makes me feel terrible and nauseous and makes me hate myself. It just makes me fucking hate myself and I don't know how to not hate myself when I eat. I'm sorry."

Shit.

Nico didn't know what to do. Will was always so happy and confident in himself, he never would have guessed that he was struggling with something as big as an eating disorder. Nico wanted to help, but he knew nothing about eating disorders. He mentally kicked himself for not paying attention enough in health class, though it was possible it wouldn't have helped either way.

Not sure what to say, Nico looked up at Will. The uncertainty and fear in his eyes almost made Nico break. He pulled Will into him and embraced him as tightly as he could. He didn't understand what Will was going through, but what he did know was that it didn't make Will any less amazing.

"This doesn't change the way I think about you. I'm here for you Solace. No matter what." He murmured into Will's neck, rubbing his back.

"I want to help you. You've done so much for me Will, please let me return the favor?"

Will just nodded, gripping Nico tighter, holding on as if he didn't he would blow away like a dandelion, into a million pieces.

"Thank you." Will whispered.

They stayed like that for a while before breaking apart and heading into the Nurse's Office.

---time skips brought to you by cute solangelo moments---

When Nico got home, he immediately went to his computer to research. He wanted to support Will, but if he was going to do that he needed to know more about what he was going through. He spent the rest of the night researching and taking notes. When he was done, he moved his search to eating disorder specialized therapy. He would find only the best for Will, no matter the cost. Nico knew he had sworn to never use his trust fund, but Will was worth it. He'd deal with his Father later. For now, all that mattered was Will's safety.

Nico copied down the information of the Therapy Center and drafted a text message to Will.

Nico: Hey, I just wanted to thank you for opening up to me today. Here is the address and information of an ED specialist. You have an appointment every Thursday for the next year, the cost has been handled. I said I would help you and I will. Please be safe. I care about you.

Nico looked at the text, rereading it. He contemplated taking out the last sentence, but realized it wasn't a lie. Will mattered more to him than anything else. He took a deep breath.

Fuck it. Nico thought, and hit send.

A/N Thanks for reading this chapter! I know it was a bit heavy but it was super fun to write. Also, how is the paragraph spacing so far? Let me know if it could be better or if you have any other suggestions!