Chapter 8

Will

Ok, so maybe it wasn't a great idea to sneak around for an hour following Nico home. When Will saw the look in his eyes he was more than sure it was a bad idea. His soft brown eyes suddenly clouded over, turning a hard and cold onyx black. But what really surprised Nico was that the person that helped Will out ar the animal shelter was standing right behind him

"Hazel?" He said in bewilderment desperately trying to put the pieces together. Was Nico the boyfriend she was always talking about? No, that wasn't right. Nico was younger than Will! He was snapped out of his thoughts by Hazel.

"Will! Hi honey, it's so nice to see you! But, what are you doing here?" She said with her brow slightly furrowed. Nico makes a low growling noise in his throat.

"How did you find me?" He said his voice was devoid of all emotions. The momentary shock from before gone. Will didn't answer. Is that really the only question he had? Not, why was he here or if he wanted to come in?

"Uhh '' He said eloquently. Nico rolled his eyes and said,

"Oh well, I suppose it doesn't matter anyway, i'll have to torture you untill you forget" and then turned around as if to go get somthing.

"Wait. What!?" Will said in panic remembering what Percy had said to him.

"Nico!" Hazel said in an exasperated tone smacking her hands against her thighs.

"You know some people don't get your dark humor." When Will glanced back at Nico he noticed a slight glimmer of humor in his eyes.

"Yeah yeah, sorry Haze" he said then stared expectantly at Will. He gave Nico a puzzled look until Nico finally said,

"Well, are you gonna come in and tell me why you followed me to my house?" Hazel made a pouty face.

"Come on Nico, that's rude. He can just come to dinner with us. If that's ok with your parents honey?" Will glanced at Nico to see his reaction but Nico just shrugged and said

"Sure." Before trudging out the door, Swinging his coat over his shoulder before turning the corner.

"Sorry about him. How do you know my brother anyways?" Will tried not to sputter but failed miserably. Brother??? But she's- and he's- ah well their probably step siblings or something. He shook his head after seeing the smirk on her face. She clearly knew exactly what he was thinking. Behind the smirk was just a twinge of sorrow as if she had gotten that same look from so many others before who had chosen not to keep quiet. He had only seen that look of hidden pain in one other person. Will sighed as he remembered the slight smile on Ethans face as he jumped, tears streaming off his face as he felt his head eyepatch slide off. Will still wore it around his wrist to this day. Will glanced up and saw that Hazel was staring at him with a look of understanding in her face. She swept across the room and gave Will a tight hug. Will stiffened in surprise then softened, melting into her hug.

"We've all lost somebody we love." She said and then wiped the tear from his cheek and walked out the door swiftly. Will just stood there awestruck. He quietly left the room, catching up to Hazel.

"I'm his classmate." He almost whispered before they headed to her car.

(A/N Wow. Okay, so this chapter was really serious. I need to take a deep breath. As always I really appreciate when you guys comment with feedback or just nice things. Anyway, hope you liked it,)

blanket buddies solangelo AUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें