Chapter 10

Will

They were greeted at the door by an enormous asian guy. Will looked short compared to this dude. Will took a step back, surprised. Then the guy smiled and moved out of the way so they could come in.

"HI! I'm Frank, Hazel's boyfriend. It's nice to meet you." Will relaxed his shoulders. He could immediately tell that Hazel's boyfriend was a sweetheart.

"Hey, I'm Will, Nico's classmate." Frank looked shocked. He quickly tried to hide it but miserably failed. He looked like he had just eaten a sour berry.

"Uhh. Come on in!" Will and Nico followed Frank into the house. leaving their shoes and bags at the door by request of Hazel. On the table there was an array of food. Before everyone ate they hung around the kitchen while Frank finished cooking. The house was small but warm and comfy. They laughed and talked and for the first time in a while Will felt like he belonged somewhere. Hazel got a bottle of white wine from the cupboard and poured her and Frank glasses. When Nico went and got himself a glass Will almost spit his water out.

"What?" Nico said. He had been in a better mood when they got there. His eyes were alight with amusement and joy.

"How old are you?" Will said in a Panic.

"Uhhh..." Nico said as if he had to think about it.

"15 I think." Will rushed over and took the glass out of Nico's hand, setting it on the table.

"Drinking underaged can affect the normal development of vital organs and functions, including the brain, liver, bones and hormones! No wonder you're so short!"

"No, I think that's the coffee." Said Nico as if nothing had happened. Hazel sighed.

"There's no point in trying to stop him. He's just going to do it anyway." Nico picked the glass up and took a sip, not making eye contact with Will.

"Also, coffee doesn't actually stunt your growth. Your height is determined by genes." Will said sheepishly, returning to his perch on the kitchen counter.

Just as they sat down for dinner the doorbell rang.

"I'll get that!" Haze said. She almost looks nervous. When she came back a tall man dressed in all black was behind her. Will looked at Nico, desperate to try and find out what was happening. Nico's face went slack. All the amusement from before vanished.

"Why is he here?" He said in a dangerously low tone.

"I'm sorry! It's the only way I could get you two to talk!" Squeaked Hazel. Her and Frank left the room, leaving Will right in between the two of them.

"Father." Nico said. His voice never changes tone.

"Talk. If you want to talk, then talk."

"What would I have to say? Hazel told me you were going to apologize!" Nicos dad said in a defensive tone. That's when it hit the fan. They both started yelling at each other in rapid italian. Will only caught bits and pieces.

"PERCHÉ VORREI SCUSARMI CON TE? QUI IL TUO COLPA DI FALLO!"

"ME? QUESTO È TUTTO VOI!" I went on for about 15 minutes before Hades finally yelled,

"GODS! I WISH IT WERE YOU INSTEAD OF BIANCA!" The whole room was silent. Will could tell that Nico's dad had crossed a line. Hazel looked shocked from the doorway. Nico had silent tears streaming down his face. The silence seemed to last forever before Nico finally said.

"You HONESTLY think I don't wish the same thing EVERYDAY?" Hades looked taken aback.

"Nico-

"Save it. I'm out." Nico grabbed Will's hand and pulled him towards the door.

"Thank you for dinner, I'm sure it would have been amazing." Will said as he hastily grabbed his bag. still holding onto Nicos hand for dear life. Once Nico was outside he finally stopped at the car door that was hidden from the house's windows. He turned to WIll and buried his head into the boy's chest. Nico immediately started to sob. The only thing that Will could do was hold him tighter.

(A/N okay thats all for this chapter. I love getting comments (even though i haven't gotten any yet. lol) so feel free to tell what you think :))