Chapter 5

Nico

Nico was bored out of his mind all morning. He made a mental note on his way to lunch to talk to the teacher about moving him up a year or two. Then again that might mean he would be in some of Percy's classes, or Wills. Maybe being in Wills classes wouldn't be so bad. At least he would have something nice to look at. Nico! Stop it! What in the world are you thinking? You don't even know if he's gay.

When Nico got to the Canteen he searched around looking for an empty table. He saw a girl with a long dark braid facing her back sitting alone. He shrugged and thought "it's better than nothing." and headed over to sit by her. He sat down a few imaginary people away from her not bothering to say hello. He got out the book they were meant to read for science putting his food off to the side. He sighed not thinking it was loud enough for anyone to hear.

"What?" Mystery girl asked him clearly curious as to if he was sighing at her.

"It's nothing. I just already know all this shit." Nico responded not looking up from the book.

"Haha, you and I are both newbies. I'm Reyna by the way." Nico set his book down and looked at her. She seemed interesting.

"Nico."

"So, why are you sitting here? Haven't you met anyone you could sit with yet?" Nico Chuckled darkly under his breath.

"Yea I know lots of people. It's just that they're all sitting with the person I hate most in the world."

"Jeez! Who is this villan you speak of?" She laughed jokingly, clearly thinking he was being over dramatic.

"Oh I guarantee you know him. It's Percy Jackson. He's my cousin" Reyna looked at him wide eyed.

"Wait Jackson? Captain of the football team? Second kindest human being I know only second to William Solace of course. But anyway, why in the world would you hate him so much?" Nico looked her straight in the eye and said,

"Because he murdered my sister." Then, he got up and threw his uneaten food in the trash, not bothering to look back.

"Wait!" Reyna said following behind him.

"You can't just drop something like that then leave! Where are you going anyway?"

"The library. Feel free to come with me, but I'm not telling you about my sister."

"Okay, but what about Jackson's friends? Like Will and Jason. Or his girlfriend Annabeth?" Nico sighed and stopped, turning around to face her.

"FIne. I don't have a problem with Frank. He's my sister's boyfriend and he makes her happy and I like Annabeth. She's nice."

"Well what about Will? Have you met him yet?" Dammit! Nico thought, he was hoping she wouldn't notice he had left Will out.

"Yes." He said cautiously, not wanting to give anything up. Reyna rolled her eyes.

"Aaaaand?" She said impatiently.

"And, I think he's cool." Not to mention adorable, smart, and kind. Nico thought in his head. No! Get those thoughts out of your head Nico! Reyna just laughed and said.

"So you have a major crush on him and you can't stop thinking about him?" A deep blush started forming on Nicos neck reaching his face in a matter of seconds.

"What? No! No Way!" He said, stumbling over his words. Reyna let out a laugh and pulled him by the sleeve.

"Comon, we have some reading to do."

(A/N Tehe is there a crush blooming? Or is it just lust? Who knows? Well I know but still! Hope you liked the chapter.)