Chapter 12

Will

Through the school day Will was in a cloudy haze. He spun through all his classes till lunch. For some reason he just didn't want to sit with his friends. He wanted to be with someone who he didn't have to pretend to be anything with. Nico. Last night Will had told Nico about everything, including his step-dad not accepting of him being gay. He didn't realize until now but he had totally come out to Nico and he was totally fine with it. Nico didn't seem to care. Yeah, that's who Will wanted to be with at lunch today.

Suddenly, Will had an idea. He rushed to his locker and ripped a piece of paper out of his note book and wrote his number on it with a note.

"Meet me on the roof"

-your blanket buddy :)

He ran to Nicos locker, not sure how he already knew where it was and stuck the note in the grates. Will went to the nurse's office to grab his pills then headed to the roof with butterflies in his stomach.

Nico

Nico was strolling to his locker to dump his books when he saw Reyna almost there. He sighed and prepared himself for human interaction. Ew. By the time he reached his locker Reyna was standing in front of it with her arms crossed. She laughed quietly and said in an amused tone.

"You have a letter." Nico froze terror etching through his mind. Was it his dad? Was it a threat? Did someone want to hurt Hazel? Or maybe it was Percy? Oh gods please let it not be Percy. He shakily reached for his locker and took the small piece of paper out. As soon as he read the note he felt his face get hot and his ears turned the color of a ripe strawberry. He was probably the most embarrassed he'd ever been in his life but he was still relieved. He let out the breath he was holding in and gathered himself together. How did Will know what he was thinking all the time? It kinda creeped him out.

Nico gave a low chuckle and said,

"I have to go. I have an appointment it seems." Reyna gave him a quizzical look but noticed the sweat beading down his forehead and decided not to question him.

"Alrighty then, i'll see ya later I guess." And with that she was off leaving Nico to find the roof by himself.

//time skip//

The roof wasn't that hard to find. It was the only door that said no entry on it. Nico took a deep breath and opened the door. He was kind of startled by the fact that there was just a ladder. He was sorta expecting a winding staircase or something. Oh well, a ladder was more practical anyways.

Nico made his way onto the roof. When he got there Will was facing away from him with his messy hair flowing in the wind. It looked like a scene straight out of a movie. Nico couldn't help but smile, just a tiny little bit.

"Hi." He said. He was a little uncertain if things would be awkward between him and Will. As soon as Will turned around the tension left Nicos body. It felt like he was home somehow. Though he never knew what that felt like so that wasn't a great analogy. In any case, it felt right.

"Hi" Will said, a slow smile spreading across his face. Nico walked over to Will and sat next to him. He made sure to keep his distance though. He didn't want to get too close to this mystery.

"You look tired." He said. Nico looked straight into his comforting eyes. Nico sighed letting himself nudge a little bit over to Will.

"Yeah. School kina tuckers me out. I don't usually enjoy human interaction." Nico said sheepishly.

"Usually?" Will said a hint of humor in his voice. Nicos ears dusted with pink for two seconds before he got ahold of himself. He glanced over at Will who looked like he was in between cuddling Nico like a kitten and laughing.

"Shut up." Nico said, turning away from him trying to act angry.

"I- pfft I didn't say anything thing!" Will said, trying desperately not to burst out laughing. Nico stayed turned away trying to be mad.

"Hey, I'm sorry I really didn't mean to embarrass you." Will said in a concerned tone. Nico turned around in surprise. He took one look at Will and started laughing. Will's face relaxed as he joined in. Once they calmed down Will let himself fall back so he was laying on his back looking at the sky.

Nico pulled his legs up to his chest and set his head on his knees. He let out a deep breath. It felt nice to have the wind in his hair. After a while Nico laid down next to Will just now realizing how tired he really was. He covered his mouth as he yawned. One little nap wouldn't hurt right? He still had some time before his fourth period. He scooched closer to Will's chest letting himself relax into him. Gradually he dozed off, thinking about how nice Will smelled.

(A/N THE DRAMA. also thanks for sticking with me this far if you did. Pls comment suggestions for later chapters if you have any. (even if you're reading this when the book is finished bc i always need inspo). Also, vote if you want :)