Chapter 21

Nico

Nico woke up to the bright light filtering through his window, he groaned as he sat up looking around. He felt a body shift next to him and froze. Holy. Shit. Last night's events came crashing through his mind. The nail polish, the eyeliner, and the most magical movie moment of his life. A smile crept across Nico's face, as he replayed the events of the previous evening. He looked down at Will, who was still soundly asleep, looking like an angel as the stream of sunlight kissed his skin. Nico took that moment to fully take the angelic blonde in. He looked so peaceful and calm laying there, in only sweatpants. Wait. Nico looked down at himself. He sighed in relief once he realized he too was only missing a shirt, and nothing more. This did make Nico realize he was cold though, so he crept out of Will's bed and over to his closet, tip-toeing on the wood floor. He searched around until he found the least colorful hoodie in the wardrobe and stole it from the hanger. As Nico put it on, sneaking back to bed he breathed into the fabric deeply, enjoying the scent. Then he realized with a flourish, the real thing was right next to him. He slipped back under the covers and leaned into the warm boy next to him.

Nico knew that this moment wouldn't last, and that he could only afford to be this vulnerable until Will woke up, so he soaked it all up, giving himself 15 more minutes to admire William Andrew Solace in all of his peaceful beauty. He ran his fingers through the boy's thick golden and then gently kissed his gorgeous golden skin, before getting out of bed for real.

As Nico skipped down the stairs, two at a time, as quietly as possible he took a look around the ground floor of Will's house. He made his way to the kitchen, suddenly very hungry. Well, hungry for coffee, that is, he had been up laaatteee last night. He still couldn't believe this was real. Just 8 months ago he had been living alone with no friends except for the spiders in his apartment. He was so incredibly lucky to have Will as a best friend, and now maybe more? As Nico made breakfast for Will, and coffee for himself, he wasn't a breakfast person, he was practically bouncing on his feet. He was so antsy. He usually went on his morning run by now and as much as he wanted to wait up for Will, it was killing him.

Finally, He couldn't take it anymore. He made Will his plate of food, and left a note next to it on the kitchen counter.

I'm out on a run. I'll be back, see you soon sleepy head. <3

He headed to the door and put on his shoes, tying his hair back up so it was out of his eyes. It really was getting long. The air outside still had that morning chill to it, so Nico was glad to have the hoodie. He started his run, putting in his earbuds and playing his playlist. As Nico ran he took the time to really process what had happened. Kissing Will had been the best feeling anyone could as for, and Nico knew he didn't deserve it, but that didn't make it feel any less amazing, even now as he replayed it in his mind.

Nico ran about two miles before making his way back to Will's house. Once he got inside, he splashed his face and washed his hands. He noticed that the plate of food had been emptied and the note was gone. Nico smiled to himself, kicking off his shoes and grabbing his coffee before heading upstairs.

Nico opened the door to find Will, still with nothing adorning his top half. The sneaky bastard knew what he was doing as he ran his hands through his hair and smiled the biggest smile Nico had ever seen, his true blue eyes piercing Nicos heart.

"Gooooood morning!!" Will said enthusiastically, rushing over to Nico and pulling him into a suffocating hug. Nico smiled into his chest before Nico pulled away smirking.

"Miss me that much Solace?" He said cockily, poking Will's abs. Will suddenly got an uncertain look in his eyes, stepping back suddenly.

"I mean yeah. If that's okay? If that was just a one time thing I get it and we can just go back to being friends and pretending this never happened and what not and i'm super sorry i didn't mean-"

Nico cut him off by gently placing his lips on Will's, knowing that nothing else would have shut his very cute but misplaced rambling up. Will looked slightly stunned when he pulled away, his mouth half open.

"You're so stupid sometimes, I don't want things to go back to the way they were. I'm sorry if I confused you, that was a joke. I don't know what this is really or anything like that, but you make me happy and I hope I make you feel the same way." Nico looked up at Will with a small smile on his face, and punched him in the arm playfully.

Will's bright and shining smile returned to his face and he said, "Sooo does that mean I get to kiss you again because that is like the best thing ever."

Nico laughed and nodded. That laugh quickly turned into a shriek and he was lifted off the ground and spun around. His lips met Wills and his face warmed, still not believing it was this possible to be so happy. When they broke apart again, Nico and Will both had dopey smiles on their faces. Then, Nico got very serious, and tapped Will's back to signal for him to be put down.

"Okay. I don't say this to hurt you I promise, but I just want you to know that PDA really isn't my thing. And, I'm not sure I'm ready for our friends to know or anything like that yet. It doesn't have anything to do with you, and I hope that's okay?" Nico said uncertainty, staring up at Will, gaging his reaction. Will just smiled.

"Whatever you're comfortable with, I am comfortable with. We can talk about all of that later though okay? Just let me enjoy this moment with you." Nico nodded, his heart feeling so fulfilled. He let himself be picked up again, as Well brought him onto his lap, bringing them both to the chair at his desk. Nico brough Will's head down to his shoulder, playing with his light strands of hair. He heard Will hum contentedly, which made him smile. Just as he started to feel drowsy, Will was being a very good pillow, he heard the front door open. Both of the boys tensed, and quickly got up. Will looked at Nico frantically.

"Fuck, you have to get out of here right now."