Chapter 22

No answer. You knocked again, no answer. Did you really just have to barge into his room? Was he even in here? You opened the door to an odd sight. There was what appeared to be greenish mushrooms all along the walls. The next worse sight was Fiddle, just sitting there, face in his hands. "Are you okay, Fiddle?" He looked up, one hand over half of his face. "Hey, Y/N... I thought you died." He muttered slowly. You put your hands behind your back, slipping off the promise ring and putting it into your pocket. If he saw that, he might go even more mad than he already is. "I didn't die but i'm more concerned about you and why there's mushrooms everywhere." He got up, hand still over the right side of his face. "They're a real issue here lately. But i've found a way to kill the sound of them."
"Sound..?"
"They make loud, earsplitting noises every hour." He said sadly. His voice sounded very strained.
"What are you hiding on your face, Fiddle."
"Y/N, you know I love you but I just can't show you." This frustrated you. You quickly moved his hand from his face. Revealing that not only had one of his eyes turned green, but he now had a grey dust across his face. "I don't know what's happening to me... It has to be these goddamn mushrooms."