Chapter 20

"Damn you. What are you two even doing out here?" He didn't really give your new friend time to answer his remark, instead, he slapped him straight across his head. "YOU'RE NOT EVEN WORKING!" Broke just shook his head and grinned at you, you giggled. "BROKE, STRANGE PRETTY LADY, WHAT IS SO FUNN-" The stranger paused mid-sentence as if he had just remembered he left an oven on at home. "Damn Micro, just met her and already hitting on my girl..." Micro turned red almost instantly. "Broke- Well I- Nevermind. Good-day." He quickly ushered those words and pratically ran inside.

"Thanks for going along with that, pretty stranger." You could feel yourself turning red, so you hid your face with your hands, trying not to make it look obvious. He slowly removed your hands from your face. "It's really nothing to be embarrased over. If anything, blame me for getting you all flustered like that." There was silence for a moment and it was made clear to you that he was trying to find the right words to say. "Can I get your name?" It clicked in your head, this was akward because you both had only just met. It felt like you had known him for years at this point. "It's Y/N..." 

"That's a pretty name, it suits you. Now, mind if I ask you a personal question?"

"Of-course not, what is it?"

"I won't lie, I saw you crying down the street earlier... How'd you end up here and what even happened..?" You gave him a sad smile. It was such a generic question to ask, almost as if he had read it somewhere and just decided to repeat it to you. However, you decided to answer. "I work at Amazook... That huge building a block down that sells boxes? Yeah, that's the one. I have a lot of co-workers and even a boss head over heels for me. It's like almost anywhere I go, everyone's attracted to me! It pisses me off. Anyways, due to this sort of, 'superpower', I have, it got me in a bit of trouble with one of my first coworkers. He got all pissy at me because he thinks we're some kind of married couple or some shit. It's truthfully not my fault that every place I go I just can't be left alone." After your little... Rant. Broke stood up and extended his hand to help you up, which you took with no further thought.