Chapter Five

Chapter Five “Reality ruined my life”  - I Would

Kelsey was at her summer hockey practice, with some of her other big in athletics friends. She was centre and was passed the small red ball, she rollerbladed to the net, getting lost in her thoughts, good old memories with her and her best friends.

It was a warm summer day, at the park with Kristen, Jay, Victoria and Emma, they were eleven years old. They were sipping their cherry, orange and raspberry sodas and eating down their corn-dogs, not a care in the world. The day was perfect, no little kids screaming and running into them, just them and their free time. They decided to play the infamous ‘Grounders’. Then…

Wait…what’s going on? Kelsey thinks, coming back into reality. She soon sees that she’s heading straight for the boards.

“Kelsey! What are you doing?” Her coach yells at her as she missed the perfect goal. Since no one wears helmets here, her head easily collided against the boards with a big BANG. She practically flips around and lands on her head, leaving her out cold.

“Brianna, go call 911” the coach says to one of the other girls who are on her hockey team.  Brianna nods and quickly skated towards the benches while the coach tries to get a reaction out of Kelsey.

Later on…

Kelsey was rushed to the hospital and brought straight into the ER, her parents were called, but were already in the hospital because of Kristen’s cancer. Just to inform you, Kristen is fighting like mad and has a ninety-five percent chance of surviving, anyway…back towards Kelsey’s incident.

The doctors and nurses examine her injuries, and come to the conclusion that she only had a concussion.

“She’ll be fine, she just needs to rest and get her head back in place” the doctor explains “She needs to take these once a day until she’s fully healed, in three weeks come back for a quick checkup”.

Their parents nod their head sadly, just before the doctor leaves he turns his head around and says “Oh, and if she gets another head injury she has a very high chance of loosing memory or getting a brain tumour”.