Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve “Flashes left in my mind, going back to the time, playing games in the street, kicking balls with my feet” - Moments

It was finally here, the letter from the hospital was here. Kristen would finally find out if she was cancer free. She touches the opening of the envelope, scared that she might still have to fight some more. She slips her fingers under the small opening, carefully ripping it open. She pulls out the one piece of paper and scans it.

Your fight it finally over, Kristen, you are officially cancer free!

- The doctors at Clearwater Hospital

Yes! Kristen’s cancer has finally left, and gone, hopefully for good.

Before we continue with this story, let me tell you about how the girls and the boys are. They are all pretty much best friends, the girls treat the boys like they are regular human beings and the boys treat the girls like they’d treat anyone else. Victoria and Harry have gotten closer, if you know what I mean. Kelsey and Zayn, everyone else thinks they are dating but they would never admit to liking one another. Kristen and Liam, best of the friends, they tell each other everything, except for them secretly loving one another, and Kristen’s cancer past. Jay and Louis, two peas in a pod, always pulling pranks on one another and are currently out on a friendly date. Emma and Niall, they are always going to candy stores, bakeries, grocery stores, any kind of food store together, it looks like a brother-sister relationship, but Emma and Niall want it to be more.

“Kelsey! Victoria! Emma!” Kristen shouts as the girls rush over to where she is.

“Is-is that it?” Victoria stutters over her words. Kristen only nods her head, tears dripping down her cheeks from happiness.

“Oh my god! Yes! I always knew you’d make it!” Kelsey screams out, pulling Kristen into a huge hug. Joined by Victoria and Emma as quick as lightning.

“What’s all this hugging about?” Liam’s voice comes in through the living room. Did I forget to mention the boys seem to be letting themselves in the girls condo now? Oops.

“Nothing!” Kristen quickly says, getting confused looks by the other girls who are there, the girls just shrug it off.

“Whatever” Liam says smirking.

“What do you want to do today?” Kristen asks Liam awkwardly, leaning onto the counter Liam was currently sitting at.

“Well…I was um…thinking about taking you out on a date?” Liam asks, nervously. Liam looks over to Kelsey, Victoria and Emma. They just give him a thumbs up.

“Of course!” Kristen replies happily “What time?”

“Now”.

“Where”.

“I know what you mean, what you’re wearing is fine” Liam explains, chuckling a little bit.

This cannot be happening Kristen thinks I’ve been waiting for this for a while. Should I tell him about my cancer? No, he’ll think I’m a freak.