Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten “So le le let ‘em take a picture, spread it all around the world now” - Magic

It was finally the day of graduation, where you can be proud of what you have done with your life, going on to a new chapter, continuing the journey that you have started for yourself.

Emma has gotten better, she is one-hundered percent better. One Direction left Clearwater, Florida about three days ago, nobody in their school knew about it, not even the all time big Directioners who seem to know everything about them. But that’s good, because when some random new girl met and got a picture with One Direction all of the Directioners were all over her, like wanting to know what they smelled like.

“Victoria!” Kelsey yells as she runs down the sidewalk to catch up to Victoria in her jean shorts and floral blouse, along with her soft blue TOMS that match the top. Her hair is curled and pinned back. As for Victoria, she’s wearing a cute, green summer dress, with a cardigan buttoned over top. To make the look a little more casual, she added some black converse. 

“Hi Kelsey! Oh my god, I cannot believe we’re actually graduating” Victoria babbles, as she plays with her now straightened hair.

“I know, it seems like yesterday we were eleven, playing man-tracker in the forest behind Jay’s house” Kelsey adds, linking her arm with Victoria’s.

“Hey, isn’t Kristen with you?” Victoria asks, looking behind her to see if she can spot Kristen.

“Nah, she came early with Emma, and I texted Jay, she’s running late” Kelsey explains, talking with her hands.

“The usual” the say at the same time, then start laughing a little. When they finally get to the main doors, then enter quickly, just as they were about to finish going through they hear loud shouts yelling Wait! Wait for me! 

“…Jay” Victoria mutters, rolling her eyes.

“Hello!” Jay shouts, going on the other side of Victoria and wrapping her arm around her shoulder “I can see it now, the freshmen and sophomore, can’t forget the juniors, chanting my name Jay! Jay! Jay! over and over again” Jay explains as she daydreams about her when she graduates.

“That’s if you graduate” Kelsey says, making her voice harder on the if.

Jay just rolls her eyes as Victoria lets out a little laugh. The walk into the gym to see seats being set up and the football team trying to put up the ‘Class of 2012’ banner on the wall, above the small stage that is set up. They look around and see Emma sitting in one of the seats, biting viciously into a sandwich. They keep looking to see Victoria in the corner, setting up the DJ booth.

An Hour Later

It was finally time to walk onto the stage, and accept the diploma, but the valedictorian has to make a speech first, and this year’s valedictorian is Emma. It was originally Kristen, but no matter how much Kristen wanted to do it, she gave her spot to Emma, so Emma can have a voice and show people her true colours, and show people that she’s not just some shy, outspoken girl that nobody likes, but a fun loving, happy girl, like she is.

The seniors line up outside the gym starts, soon I’m Sexy And I Know It starts playing and the students start waltzing in, just before Kelsey walks in, she turns around and smirks at Victoria, while Kristen glares at her. Victoria just shrugs her shoulders as if she didn’t know what was going on, but Victoria was in charge of the music. As they walked out a few teachers glared at Victoria for putting on such an inappropriate song for graduation, but most teachers just had fun of it, lots of them singing along. Jay gives them a confused face of disgust, while the rest of the girls start snickering a little. 

Sooner or later Emma’s going to have to go on and make her speech, Jay helped her write it, so it’s got to be good.

“And now for our lovely valedictorian of this year, please come up here Emma Rose!” Principal George says, as he starts clapping, along with the rest of the the crowd and graduates. Emma gulps, but gets up anyways, she looks out into the audience, she sees Melissa, Melanie and their ‘crew’ sitting in the front row. She smirks at them, they didn’t graduate since they were too busy making Emma’s life miserable.

“Hi…um…I’m usually a shy person, but my best friends, you see them Kristen, Kelsey, Victoria and Jay? They helped me become stronger. You see…I’ve been bullied, by some girls and their crew, they never liked me, I’ll never know why. But they didn’t graduate this year, because they were to busy putting on makeup and making me feel terrible about myself. But I don’t know what’s going on back at their home, if their alone…not talked to…or anything. Because I know how that feels, I go home, and usually have dinner by myself because my parents are always at work or at some charity event” Emma pauses. “But school, always made it better, and sometimes worse. But it’s only those girls who don’t like me, my best friends made me realize that I am wanted here, maybe not by the popular girls, but by others. I got emailed by the football team, the math club, the chess club, the cheerleaders, the funny kids, everyone from the school telling me something positive about myself, except for those girls. But when you’re in high school, you cannot waste your time feeling bad about yourself become some fake girls tell you you’re uncool, or fat, or ugly…and you shouldn’t waste your time hurting others, it makes you look bad, you might think the people around you are your friends, but on the inside, they only go along with it because they don’t want you to hurt them”.

Melanie and Melissa look at the other girls who are looking at them, but quickly look away once they see that they’re looking at them.

“Always believe that you can do anything, no matter how many bumps in the road there are, or plastic bitches in your way, you can get through it” Emma looks into the crowd, seeing the students who have yet to graduate in their future laughing “Or basically what I’m trying to say is, to all you dumbass kids who bullied me, I hope you rot in hell…thank you” Emma finishes with a smile on her face. She walks back over to her spot near Jay and Victoria, along with Kelsey and Kristen trying to hold in laughs.

“That’s my girl” Jay says, patting Emma on the back. The principal continues the graduation, handing people their diploma, soon, it was the girls turn.

First it was Kristen “Wow, Emma, that was an amazing speech, you are awesome. She’s the first person I’d like to thank, along with Emma, Kelsey, Victoria and Jay, and the jocks, and the chess club, everyone, you are all amazing!”

Then Kelsey “Yeah Emma! Umm…so like Kristen said I’d like to thank Victoria, Jay, Emma and Kristen for being the best friends ever, and I’d like to thank everyone as well, you are all amazing” just before Kelsey turns away, she flips back and says “Except for you plastics, I really hate you”.

Then Emma “Thanks guys, yeah….we don’t like the plastic girls, they remind me of Regina George from Mean Girls, but I’m pretty sure they won’t end up like she was in the end. I love you all, excluding the plastics”.

Victoria’s next “My girls said it all, but I’d also like to thank my guy friends, they aren’t my boyfriend, so Mr. Garcia, you can shut up! Thank you!”

And finally, Jay “So, I’d like to thank my besties, chilling in the backseat, screw you plastics, get a life, no one really likes you, no even yourselves, but there’s always therapists. Umm…thank you so very much to….copy, paste, Google and Wikipedia, peace out bitches”.